>>>What Are You Tying Today? Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
FullSizeRender%205_zpsbuvbk0lx.jpg

Ok......Crayfish......Second attempt!!

Nice crayfish.

CVangler wrote:
Nice crayfish.

Thanks. I think the next few crayfish are going to be tied with the hook up instead of down, and with only one "claw" instead of two. I'm tying them smaller....like size 10 1X. I just want them to look as tasty as possible and vulnerable as possible.

RS2 was the big fly to use some years back.

shop%20vac_zpsqhrnnmht.jpg

Miracle%20Nymph_zpsus9ofkt9.jpg

wd40_zpslzecwve8.jpg

wd50%20side_zpsts5bkxme.jpg

Disco%20Midge_zpszfc7fe3g.jpg

Zebra%20Midge_zps00ma7rgq.jpg

KF%20Chocolate%20Emerger_zpsfmuqbtrs.jpg

Copper%20John_zpswphdsrsr.jpg

nfrechette....Like 'em all, but love the Disco Midge and the Copper John!!

brassie%20with%20wing_zpswrdchwlf.jpg

Ginny%20Midge_zps8uf19nlk.jpg

Black%20Velvet%20Midge_zpso6vix0h1.jpg

Big%20Mac%20Pupa%20Tan_zpsqrka01se.jpg

Big%20Mac%20Pupa%20Red_zpsqrtleygk.jpg

Big%20Mac%20Pupa%20Lime_zpsc8zxdiur.jpg

Bead%20Bubble%20Midge_zpsozis2y09.jpg

Desert%20Storm_zpsxe9w4nny.jpg

Gunner_zps8kyzjkpr.jpg

Moose%20Mane%20Midge_zps9pixp7ls.jpg

Nice midges Norm, Like the bead bubble...

thank you

Bighorn%20Dip_zpsgxsots1c.jpg

Stop showing off Norm :p

While it's true that nobody likes a showoff....those flies are nice. I just wonder if the fish like 'em???

I was out yesterday....and I saw Fredrick after what appeared to be a very long day at his avatar:

drunksquirrel2jq.jpg

Steeltrap wrote:
While it's true that nobody likes a showoff....those flies are nice. I just wonder if the fish like 'em???

I was out yesterday....and I saw Fredrick after what appeared to be a very long day at his avatar:

drunksquirrel2jq.jpg

Well played :pint:

Meat for salt. Hooks are Mustad stainless. One up one down. Hope to cast it on an 8 wt off the back of a charter into a raging group of bailer Mahi

CAFEFBB3-3B79-433E-A188-4428C0868D0D.jpg

Closeup of head and tri color Icelandic wool:

C56E48B9-3AE7-4AAE-9F4E-AF16FCF33756.jpg

JG63, nice looking fly. Looks a bit large for an 8wt. But nicely done.

GenCon

8 wt off of back of boat can mean big shatter. need lifting power for back of boats 10-12 wts

Agreed - 10 weight makes more sense though I don't have a grand laying around for an outfit at present.

JG, just keep in mind you do not need huge flys for Mahi. 1/0 deceivers and or buck tails work just fine. All yellow, yellow and orange even all white works. Add some flash. Have caught my share of Mahi on flys. If you should bring a school into the boat. They will be right on top. Therefore you don't really need weighted flys.
For the average fish your 8wt will be fine. If you should hook a good size gaffer hang on it will take you for a ride. Good luck. Let us know how you do.

GenCon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back