>>>What Are You Tying Today? Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soggy version. Kinda like casting a live sparrow on the 8 - wind resistance isn't all bad when wet but the aluminum eyes give a right good tug on the back cast.

E1505F1E-1641-42C8-92A0-13572C2D4DDC.jpg

devil's Den Crawfish

Attachments

• DSCF2959 (1024x851) (400x332).jpg
    DSCF2959 (1024x851) (400x332).jpg
    171 KB · Views: 4
I'm always so impressed with the quality of the ties posted here, so I'm reluctant to post my amateur creations. But this fly has been the most productive of my own ties over the last year. This is my riff on the Sexy Walts Worm.

#12 Orvis Curved Shank scud/nymph hook
Tungsten faceted bead (I really like these, but got them on clearance and have not seen them again).
Orange 6/0 thread
Olive Ice Dub.

It's a super simple tie, and one I often use for my anchor fly on a tandem nymph rig. The flash from the ice dub, the faceted bead, and the orange collar hotspot provide a lot of attractors. And I'd guess it provides me with 75% of the hookups in that tandem regardless of what I have paired it with.

Attachments

• sexywaltsworms.jpg
    sexywaltsworms.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 2
laurelrun wrote:
I'm always so impressed with the quality of the ties posted here, so I'm reluctant to post my amateur creations. But this fly has been the most productive of my own ties over the last year. This is my riff on the Sexy Walts Worm.

Tungsten faceted bead (I really like these, but got them on clearance and have not seen them again).
Orange 6/0 thread
Olive Ice Dub.

It's a super simple tie, and one I often use for my anchor fly on a tandem nymph rig. The flash from the ice dub, the faceted bead, and the orange collar hotspot provide a lot of attractors. And I'd guess it provides me with 75% of the hookups in that tandem regardless of what I have paired it with.
Nice! I tie the sexy walts too, only I use the natural dubbing and "rib" the fly with flashabou.

laurelrun wrote:

Orange 6/0 thread
Olive Ice Dub.

Nice, my only critique would be dub a tad more towards the bead and use less wraps of orange thread. Also, you can tie some and then trim the dubbing tight to get a better sink rate for certain situations. Nice tie and one of my most productive flies.

Appreciate the feedback guys!

Steelhead Popsicle Fly:

Size 6 Streamer Hook

Body: Orange or Electric Blue Ice Dub ribbed with rainbow tinsel

Wing: Orange or Black Marabou

Collar: Schellapen

I cannot wait to get a steelhead tug this year up in New York!!!

Attachments

• Pop2.jpg
    Pop2.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 4
  • Pop1.jpg
    Pop1.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 1
1/2 dozen snapper blues off to jersey.

Attachments

• DSCF3223 (1024x768) (400x300).jpg
    DSCF3223 (1024x768) (400x300).jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 1
Foxee Red Clouser size 8. Thinking about fall trout. Not a fan of the chrome eyes. Like the red hate the chrome.

At one time the fox tail had really nice color to it. Think it fades over time.

Attachments

• FoxeeRed.jpg
    FoxeeRed.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 8
Chuck Kraft's Claw Dads....they have been crushing smallmouth on the South Fork of the Shenandoah

purple_zpsdmymafnr.jpg

That's a beaut!

.56er_zpsfb0kznhc.jpg

Hook: #8 down to #16 4X long, TDE bronze or gold Aberdeen
Tail: Lemon colored wood duck side feather fibers
Body: Oxford gray yarn with a yellow yarn belly stripe
Hackle: Grizzly, stripped on one side

A size 4 Olive Sculpin Bugger.

Attachments

• Sculpin Bugger.JPG
    Sculpin Bugger.JPG
    50.5 KB · Views: 1
Nice flies everyone. John, just make sure you duck when you cast that. LOL

GenCon

Hey GenCon,
I was trying to get some info from you on the Play del Carmen area, specifically about the productive permit fishing you found. Please, check you private inbox.
Thanks!!!!!
Jason

jt_alaska wrote:
Hey GenCon,
I was trying to get some info from you on the Play del Carmen area, specifically about the productive permit fishing you found. Please, check you private inbox.
Thanks!!!!!
Jason

Jason, sorry I have not looked at PM's in a long time. I am just walking out the door. Will check it out later and get back to you.

Michael AKA GenCon

dyret_zpsunq7sv0r.jpg

Still tying Claw Dads because the bass are still eating them.

Attachments

• Claw Dad.JPG
    Claw Dad.JPG
    174.2 KB · Views: 2
nfrechet, how do you copyright the Dyret when Tim Flagler just posted it and credited to the original tyer on the Orvis Blog? Nice looking fly, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back