>>>What Are You Tying Today? Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
J55tyger88 wrote:
Thanks guys, here's another :)

Antonio Brown, ALL.DAY.

20160924_141626_zpsqswcxl1j.jpg

^that popper's gunna got hit hard!...slammed!!

Nice job.

Depth Ray #1

Depth%20Ray%201_zpszkur1kqa.jpg

Reference: Forgotten Flies

Depth Ray #2

Depth%20Ray%202_zpsnj2lyrjm.jpg

Reference: Forgotten Flies

Wide Receiver

wide%20receiver_zps75pqe49v.jpg

Reference - Internet

Ryer's Coho

Ryers%20Coho_zpsoicvivbv.jpg

Reference = The Book of Fly Patterns Eric Leiser

Nothing

nothing_zpswzchksll.jpg

Remarks = Ted Gerken states that this all white fly imitates the fry of trout and salmon and is exceptionally effective for spring rainbow and char fishing in alaska

Rainy Day Special

Rainy%20Day%20Special_zpshqj3emkf.jpg

Remarks = "When the water is high, murky and roily, and especially in the rain, this fly is a killer". The pattern is used for landlocked salmon in Maine.

yKJHryQ.jpg

screwed up the image upload, here's the egg sucking leech slump buster

Tied a few of these over the weekend. It is technically a Hendrickson pattern. But will also work while there are some Iso's around.

GenCon

Attachments

• red quill para.jpg
    red quill para.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 4
  • front.jpg
    front.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 3
Mike, niiiiiiice fly!

GenCon wrote:
Tied a few of these over the weekend. It is technically a Hendrickson pattern. But will also work while there are some Iso's around.

GenCon

Very nicely done. That fly will fish!

afishinado wrote:
GenCon wrote:

GenCon

^ Agree!
Good design and careful attention to detail. It's always seemed to me that small traditional dries and emergers are among the toughest flies to tie well.

Dave_W wrote:
afishinado wrote:
GenCon wrote:

GenCon

^ Agree!
Good design and careful attention to detail. It's always seemed to me that small traditional dries and emergers are among the toughest flies to tie well.

Like that loop wing post.

Thanks guys, I have been using that wing style on my paracutes for a couple of years now. They work very well and also hold up extremely well.

GenCon

http://i359.photobucket.com/albums/oo39/jessedavis47/5E302AF5-F1EB-44F4-9506-0FB6AEF64B44_zpsp40byibe.jpg

Sculpzilla .. not the prettiest but it catches fish.

Nice sculpzilla!

I've been playing with deer hair...

20160926_223600_zpswctnyecg.jpg

20160924_084539_zpsponuthw4.jpg

Nice tie! What style hook did you use?

Tyger nice flies. How do you like the peak vice? I've had mine for a year and love it!

Jessed, its an old gaelic streamer hook. Ill dbl check tonight. Gencon hooked (haha) me up!

Nate, I love my peak. It does everything that I've asked from it so far, and if it broke I would buy another. The ONLY issue I had was tying parachutes...the brass piece kinda gets in the way when wrapping parallel (?) to hook shank, as you would when wrapping your post. But, thats just me being picky....I used to tie on some vice grips :)

Tyger, nice job with the deer hair. As far as your parachute issue with your vise. Try turning your hook eye down. Wrap hackle vertically. Know what I mean?

GenCon

Mike, I see what u mean. I will try that, thanks!

Jessed, hear are those hooks you asked about. Really cool hooks.

20160927_192851_zpssvs17y9m.jpg

J55tyger88 wrote:
Thanks guys, here's another :)

Antonio Brown, ALL.DAY.

20160924_141626_zpsqswcxl1j.jpg

Apparently not against the eagles

I have been experimenting with Blane Chocklett's body tubing material. It seems to make a nice wide profile head on streamers.

Attachments

• Tubing_Jpeg.jpg
    Tubing_Jpeg.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 1
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back