Wet fly/nymph swap

Thanks Jeremy. Check your PM's.

Thanks for the heads-up when patterns arrive, Jeremy; all appears to be going smooth.

TC

Here's a video featuring the soft hackle I tied for this swap, the "Partridge and Orange."

Enjoy,

TC

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPkdman84lc[/youtube]

Thanks Tim. I got your flies in the mail today (well, yesterday technically). I really like the looks of a well tied soft hackle. When I tie them myself I always feel like the proportions aren't quite right.

Just watched your video, Tim. I couldn't put my finger on it when I looked at the flies, but I think that the upturned eye on the fly really does give it a very classic look.

Also, I don't know why I never thought of plucking off extra fibers soft hackles after they're tied! Duh. That will help me get the proportions closer to correct when I tie them, I think.

I appreciate the comments, Jeremy. This is a very classic pattern, and effective during many caddis hatches (plus the sulfurs). I'm happy to share the video, and more importantly, the flies, with those guys involved in this swap.

Tim

My flies are done. They should go out on Tues. No time tomorrow.

TC nice video as always.

Jeremy PM sent.

Thanks,

GC

Attachments

• swap flies.JPG
    swap flies.JPG
    108.7 KB · Views: 3
Very nice Gc, looks like the start of a migration. :)

GC,

Thanks for the kind comment, and more importantly, nice looking group of flies. I remember you shared the single pic prior, and the flattened thorax looked great. Do you mind sharing how you tied the QG's to get their thorax flattened like that?

Thanks,

TC

GenCon wrote:
My flies are done. They should go out on Tues. No time tomorrow.

TC nice video as always.

Jeremy PM sent.

Thanks,

GC

TC, sure it is not hard to do but takes a few mins. apply a fine tread base. It helps the lead from not turning. Do 4- turns of 025 lead. 2- eye lenghts behind eye. Wrap a taper in front and in back of lead. Then wrap over lead with tying thread. Take pliers with smooth jaws flatten lead. Don't squeeze too hard. Wrap again with thread then glue with Zap a gap or crazy glue. Then finish fly. By doing this it makes the fly wobble as it is drifting. At least that is the theory.

GC

@sniperfreak223 - got your flies today.

I'll be finishing mine up early next week. Probably Monday, and then they will be in the mail the next day.

I have tied my flies and they are in the mail.

Got mine done today.

Attachments

• fly 3.jpg
    fly 3.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 2
Lookin good Krott.

Looking nice...tough to beat a hot spot!

Thanks guys, same to you.

Back