Recent Rain

We finally got some meaningful rain. (SE, Chester Co.) The storm Tues night was a monsoon and though it was torrential, most would have run off. With it there were winds of 60+and we (and many others) lost power. Our area was particularly hard hit. A tree punched holes in a neighbors roof and took out power lines. We had three separate rain events after that a couple were beneficial. Also on a positive note we got our power back today.

Now's the time to fish for those BIG BROWNS>. GG

Right now, we are getting some really beneficial rain in Mifflin County. It's a nice, steady rain coming at a good pace. Not too hard, and not too soft. It's been raining for almost 2 hours I'd say.

It makes me happy. So, so happy.

Here in York, we got wrecked yesterday. Sheer winds dropped a tree on every road for about 4 miles. I spent 2 hours with 2 other neighbors just trying to clear one lane up from my house. Whole woodline was toppled like dominos. Then today, we got sent home early from work as we were only being powered by a generator and thats not enough for what we do. So i spent 3 hours cutting up one tree in this blasted humid heat. I think i have about 5 weekends worth of work with my saw to do, plus im so behind on building my shed that im about ready to weep some tears. I just want to go fishing dang it.
Hopefully you have a fireplace or wood burning stove?

We had about .2 inches of rain last night unexpectedly. Starting to sprinkle here and I see some rain on the radar. Looks like rain may start around 11pm and last several hours. Hopefully it hits about 3 hours west of the Philly area for you guys.

We got a lengthy rain in Adams County today. Some mixed heavy downpours coupled with some sustained rain. First time in a long time.

Back