Wet fly/nymph swap

Wow, that's a big smallie! Atta girl.

Jack I have seen you a fly shows you shop like a girl
Dan that is one big smallmouth

Mine are FINALLY in the mail.

quote: "Looks like a great group of flies. I am sorry I didn't get in. Not to be paranoid but I assume the facilitator is known to most of you? Me and a few others got burned in a "swap" a few years ago. Since I don't surf the board as much as many of you I am unaware of all the players."

If I remember correctly, that may have been due to a sudden health issue. I don't think ANYONE who is a regular on this board would be nefarious about a swap.

Jack I have seen you at fly shows you shop like a girl

Lol....see I knew it! Thanks Roger I knew I was on to something. Roger that Smallie was 1 of 52 for the day. 13 of which were over 4 lbs.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 4
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 3
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 3
Lol, :oops: so, how's the fishin lately?
That's a fantastic day on the water there Dan

Look at that fin on Owen's fish. ;-)

The golden stonefly nymphs are tied. Should have them in the mail by the end of the week.

lv2nymph wrote:
Haha, yes that's my handwriting. My mother went to catholic schools under nuns, the old school nuns. So she thought it was the least she could do when my writing was off to crack my knuckles with a ruler and have me write it again. I tell you that kinda sticks with you. And thanks.

I had nuns in school for 8 years. They did emphasize penmanship. But hey, it didn't take on me. ;-)

lv2nymph wrote:
Haha, yes that's my handwriting. My mother went to catholic schools under nuns, the old school nuns. So she thought it was the least she could do when my writing was off to crack my knuckles with a ruler and have me write it again. I tell you that kinda sticks with you. And thanks.

I had nuns in school for 8 years. They did emphasize penmanship. But hey, it didn't take on me. ;-)

I hope I am in. I PMed Jere.... Let me know if I am in and I will pick I fly to tie tomorrow. Looking forward to it.

1. Me: March brown nymph
2. Sniperfreak223: crunchy caddis, hare's ear soft hackle
3. Dc410: golden stonefly nymph
4. Allen_s: tungsten polish woven nymph
5. Tctrout: partridge and orange
6. Krptt243: baetis hotspot jig nymph
7. Busterwants2fish: McPhail caddis or Czech cat nip
8. Mario66pens: sulfur nymph
9. Delta_dog: sulfur soft hackle
10. C_nesbella: pheasant tail soft hackle
11. Keiths: crippled flymph
12. Lv2nymph: halfback
13. Hbgbswanson: tbd
14. Gencon: flat body quill Gordon nymph
15. MD_Gene: tbd

Eunan PM'ed me and said he wasn't sure he'd have time for this swap, and offered his spot to MD_Gene, so above is the new lineup.

Welcome, good to have you Gene.

I have had no time this past week. It's been crazy. Being a GC calls from folks with trees through their houses, ice dams you name it. I am going to try and get some tied this weekend.

GC

Jeremy,

The squadron of Golden Stonefly Nymphs departed for Lewistown this AM. Hopefully will arrive on Tuesday given the holiday on Monday. There are 18 of them in there. If anyone drops or the mods decide to not want any just stick any extra ones in your nymph box. Thanks, this is shaping up to be a great swap.

Attachments

• Golden Stones.jpg
    Golden Stones.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 2
I will be tying a olive green WD40. It can be fished as a nymph, as an emerger or a midge. In olive it looks a lot like a BWO. I will probably tie it on a size 20.

Hi everyone,

Placing the Partridge and Orange soft hackles in the mail today; thanks again for all participating and Jeremy for setting this up.

I will be uploading a YouTube video tying this pattern on Friday and will post accordingly.

TC

IMG_5469_zpsf394f8b9.jpg

Cool pic, nice ties.

Back