Warm Water Jam - Juniata River, Aug 25-27 2017

I am certainly hoping to make something similar happen next year but to make it just a bit more organized as far as what people will bring. I also want to make sure I have more time to float and join the activities.

I had the most time to fish Sunday morning and had a great time covering tons of water with HopBack. I think he learned some stuff about finding smallies in the Juniata and I know he is convinced to stock some clouser minnows in his box as he watched me crush about 10 smallmouths on one clouser from one pocket. Good times HopBack!

Josh, Thanks again for hosting this. I too had a nice albeit short time. It was great meet some new people, especially your family and girlfriend.

I basically fished from Friday morning to about 2:30 PM. Poppers were the pattern of the day. Managed more than 30 small fish but did get a 14" and a 17" bass when casting toward the center of the river.

Josh,

Thanks again for being such a gracious host. A great time was had fishing and meeting new people. I will definitely be back up for a visit in the fall.

Here is a few pictures from the Jam for everyone to enjoy. Sorry I didn't get any actions shots of anyone except KGSTINE.

Attachments

• 3MileFloatTrip.jpg
    3MileFloatTrip.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 4
  • KGStine.jpg
    KGStine.jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 4
  • Popper.jpg
    Popper.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 4
  • OldTrainBridge.jpg
    OldTrainBridge.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 4
  • BaseCamp.jpg
    BaseCamp.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 4
  • Sunrise.jpg
    Sunrise.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 5
  • BurntTimbers.jpg
    BurntTimbers.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 5
Josn,thanks for your hospitality inviting us to your farm.It is a beautiful property.I had a great time

Hey Josh,

Terrific weekend. Great fishing on that Juniata River/Hill Farm.

Thank you for the hospitality.

No one else took pics ?

A big thanks to everyone for that surprise gift for hosting the jam. You certainly didn't have to do that and it totally caught me off guard. That rod will be fished hard and appreciated. Thanks a bunch.

And Frederick, I usually don't take many pics when I'm on the water so I'm at least glad that HopBack had the foresight to snap a few.

Back