Warm Water Jam - Juniata River, Aug 25-27 2017

Things are looking good for Saturday. There's a chance of some storms but the forecast looks good for the week and hopefully the river will have some time to drop and clear a bit. Forecast for the weekend looks very nice.

I'll be up Saturday - probably mid-morning - and would like to coordinate with someone to do a float (the short float of about three miles) with car shuttle. Can discuss that morning.

Looking forward to seeing you folks!

My plans have changed slightly, and I'm now planning to be there Friday night, probably camp Friday (if there's beer involved, definitely camping), fish all day Saturday. I'm going to try to bring some spinning gear and maybe try to catch a catfish Friday after dark, too. I'd love to bring some food... not sure what yet though. I can plan to bring some beer and a cooler too.

I don't have anything to do a float in, and my car isn't really setup to pull a boat or kayak, so I'll be planning to wade all weekend. If the folks that are planning a float need any help I'd be more than happy to shuttle some people back up river to their vehicles.

I'm in!

Jifigz, Sorry for not letting you know sooner. I had to make sure of my work schedule. I am planning to be there late Friday afternoon thru Sunday morning.

I will be wading.

Would like to bring 'Best Barbecued Beans on the Planet' to be cooked/smoked on a grill as a side dish, if you all will help eat them. Probably pack some hot dogs or hamburgers and buns also.

Thanks for hosting. Right now the weather looks great.

The weather looks great for the weekend but how is the river looking? We got a ton of water ripping through around wrightsville/Marietta right now.

I'm cooking chili in a few hours and would appreciate a rough head count.BTW:is someone bring paper bowls and plastic forks?

Thinking of serving the chili on Saturday

I am unfortunately changing my plans to attend due to work issues.
Already driving back home 3 hours Friday evening...just can't bring myself to do another long drive Saturday.
Have a great time everyone!!

I expect to be there around noon Friday thru Sun. I'm staying at the Super 8 in Burnham.
I'd like to do a float, but am also willing to wade.
I'll bring a supply of bologna, cheese and pretzels to share.
Looking forward to it, thanks for getting the river and weather in shape for this weekend.
Ken

I'll be there from mid-morning until evening. If there is a group dinner plan for the chili, count me in.

As of right now I will be there sometime Saturday morning and plan to camp and leave on Sunday.

I'll be kayak and wade fishing for most of the day.

I plan on bringing sausages for the grill along with rolls and plenty of good beer to share.

The river is down to 3.85 as of tonight (Thur). This is a good development and bodes well for the weekend.

Okay folks. The river looks in the best shape I have seen it all summer and it has fished great the past couple of days. I will provide plastic forks, bowls, etc. I will run to the store tomorrow morning to buy them.

Also, I will be very busy this weekend as we have just opened a winery! There is a chance that I will have to work Friday and Saturday but still plan on being the best host possible. I will be right here on the property working so I will be very close to answer any questions. If you arrive after 12 PM that is most likely where I'll be. The mornings and the evenings will be my best times to fish. I can also find some coverage I'm sure for the winery tasting room and can sneak out more often. I can also provide some shuttle services for floaters/kayaks/canoes. I plan to mostly wade the water just in front of our property.

You may camp on our property but in some places shade may be an issue. There is a river island that is very accessible and just a short walk from our property. It is a public island and gets used by many throughout the year. If there are no other people camping on it the PAFF people are more than welcome to claim it! I will leave the location as to where people want to stay open to those camping once they arrive and check stuff out.

I look forward to meeting everyone!

It looks like we have a head count of right around 12 people showing up.

Jeremy, I may do some after dark catfishing with you! I haven't gone catfishing all year and used to do a fair amount of it. It would also give me an opportunity to bust out my old neglected spinning gear that never sees any use anymore.

If anyone is interested in coirdinating a kayak/ canoe float on Saturday morning shoot me a PM. I'm going to try and make it up early and set up base camp and hit the water as soon as possible.

You guys are going to have near perfect conditions. I'll be floating down below you guys sometime Saturday afternoon. Hope every hits it just right.

HopBack wrote:
If anyone is interested in coirdinating a kayak/ canoe float on Saturday morning shoot me a PM. I'm going to try and make it up early and set up base camp and hit the water as soon as possible.

I'd like to coordinate with you but am not sure what time I'll be getting up there, probably mid to late morning.

The river fished exceptional yesterday evening and this morning. Perfect conditions indeed.

Thanks to everyone who came out! I really appreciate that and j hope that you all enjoyed the time together. It was great meeting many of you for the first time and hopefully you had fun. The fishing for me was quite wonderful and I managed to land many fish in the few hours I was out, probably close to 60 all said and done. No monsters but plenty of typical fish came to hand in the 12-14 range. I hope everyone else had great success as well.

Thanks again!

Josh, thanks for a great time, my grandsons and I had a great weekend and caught plenty of fish. It was good to see old friends and meet some new ones

Thanks to everyone, it was a great weekend, fishing was good, weather was perfect, food was excellent, and company was enjoyable. Sorry I missed a few of you this morning.

Josh, thanks again for having us. I think everyone enjoyed it.

Ken

KGStine wrote:
Thanks to everyone, it was a great weekend, fishing was good, weather was perfect, food was excellent, and company was enjoyable. Sorry I missed a few of you this morning.

Josh, thanks again for having us. I think everyone enjoyed it.

Ken

I couldn't have said it better.

jifigz: Thanks for putting this together and hosting this ecvent this year. The location was just about perfect and a good time was had.

Back