The Official Spring Jamboree May 16-18, 2014 Announcement

Thank you very much for all the information you provided. It sounds like a very fun time. I really would like to check it out

I'm another newbie to the Spring Jam and also fishing this part of PA and fishing hatches in general. Reserved tent site and looking forward to it.

Anyone heading up to the Jam early or staying after? Wife said I should check and maybe head up early or stay later ,do you think she wants rid of me? GG

I will be up on Wednesday evening/Thursday morning and will be leaving Monday morning. But I understand many people come up as early as the Saturday before. Read through the thread and you can see some people talking about when they are coming up. And how long after they may be staying.

Tuesday is looking awfully likely for me. I envision getting there around lunchtime.

pcray1231 wrote:
Tuesday is looking awfully likely for me. I envision getting there around lunchtime.

Cool. Zippity and I will meet you at the campground, and we'll fish until it's time to head over to the fire house for WING NIGHT.

Maybe Brian can meet us there if he can't sneak out any earlier.

Just got my reservation confirmation. Can't wait!

i'm taking an extra 1/2 day. so will now arrive around 4.30pm on Thursday 15th - so I don't have to rush to fish the Thursday night hatch...

if anyone is going out Thursday and i can tag along, let me know and i'll PM you my cell - i don't see a cabin # on my reservation.

only 2 1/2 weeks to go, i better start organizing my dry fly boxes !

we'll fish until it's time to head over to the fire house for WING NIGHT.

What are the hours for wing night? To clarify the reason I'm asking, I'll restate your sentence in the correct way:

We'll fish until we can't see anymore, and then we'll hike out. If timing is reasonable, we will go to wing night.

As much as I love wings, I'm at a severe fishing deficit this year, and I fully intend to put it as my top priority.

Pat I'm pretty sure the kitchen is open till 11.

Haven't seen the Jam Food Thread like last year, is that still going to happen.

My plan is to bring my smoker with me as I'll be there Thursday, I will just have to go to a supermarket sometime Friday.

pcray1231 wrote:
As much as I love wings, I'm at a severe fishing deficit this year, and I fully intend to put it as my top priority.

No fears. I'm in the same boat.

Bugs. Trout. Wings & beers.

Life is good. :-D

pro4mance wrote:
Haven't seen the Jam Food Thread like last year, is that still going to happen.

My plan is to bring my smoker with me as I'll be there Thursday, I will just have to go to a supermarket sometime Friday.

Still in question if ill make it.... But if I do, I'll bring my "liar" venison/beef chili...

I'm going to make a container of leek dip. They should be prime in a week and a half where I get them at.

Bad news Pat. I was just informed that wing night is from 6-9 but I'm gonna call and see if we can work something out. They are great people to deal with.

I said great to deal with not CRAZY! Lol

I would like to join you on this venture. I would be getting a tent site and bringing my wife along. I work until 9:30pm Friday, so instead of setting my tent up in the dark we would arrive Saturday morning. What would be a good time to arrive so we can hook up with a group to fish with? Also are we fishing special reg areas? ie. do I need to crush barbs?

Barbless hooks are not required in any special regulation area, in Central PA... that I know of. Nor should they be.

There will be a lot of people on Saturday. I'm sure a few will be, but most will not be early birds after likely "socializing" to a late hour on Friday evening.

I'd guess very few will push off for their initial outing that day before 9 a.m. Many will be closer to lunchtime. And those that do leave early may return in the afternoon before setting off again for a separate evening trip.

In other words, there will be a lot of people there in the morning and there's likely to be at least a few around at any time of the day. Most of them will have made groups and plans on Friday night, but most will also be happy to include a last minute addition to their party. Since you'll be arriving after the plans have been made, just don't be shy. Approach people and start conversations, let them know you're looking for someone to fish with. And have your stuff reasonably ready to go so if anyone says "you're welcome to join but we're leaving in 5 minutes", you can grab your stuff and go.

Back