The Fly Fishing Show - Lancaster, PA. 2-3 March 2013

Nick Raftas and I (Rick Nyles) will have a booth at the show. Stop by and say hello...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 4
Will be on tiers row at the show for both days tying wetflies. Stop by and BS.

Thought I would share:

Saturday March 2

4:00pm - 8:00pm

Donegal Fish and Conservation Association is having their annual show. Much of their operating budget is secured through this show. I realize it falls on the same day as the Lancaster show but look at the time, it's pretty much after the show. Feel free to stop up at Donegal High School and support this group. We are very active in helping to conserve and improve the natural cold water resource we have in Donegal Creek!

ps - we have banging BBQ. you can buy tickets from me.

pps - I'll be at the Lancaster show in the morning and then leave to help with the donegal show. if you want to ride out I can take a few of you. I'll be back on lancaster to watch the Fly Fishing Film tour and imbibe into the night!

Hope to see you out here!

Just got word from Mrs. Swattie...confirmed birthday plans for her grandmother that Saturday. I'm out for both breakfast and the show. Have fun guys.

I'll be there saturday, hope to run into some of you.

was zu tun ?

I missed Somerset because of a transportation issue. With any luck and good will, I will be there on Saturday. I'm trying to go with my friend who taught me to FF. He wanted to go to Jersey too, but the transportation issue put a real hamper on that.

I am planning to come on Saturday, maybe bringing my sister with me. I am trying to introduce her to flyfishing.

Show is right around the corner.

Breakfast at Neptune @ 7am

Lunch can happen at any time any place. Annie Baileys is good but expensive. Lancaster Dispensing Co. (which is the place Biker liked) is really good and affordable and has PALM on tap. Also in walking distance is spring house brewery. I'll be at some of the seminars and around until 2pm and then I'm heading over to the DFCA show at the Donegal High School.

I'll be back to the show on sunday for more seminars and socializing. see you guys there. PM me if you want to meet up!

Making it down Saturday with the bro-in-law and the nephews. Should be fun.

Okay - Neptune's at 0700 it is (I might get there a bit earlier - probably will be crowded?).

I don't know my way around Lancaster. Will need directions.

Sounds good, I'm in for the Neptune Diner at 7 AM.

Directions for Dave and anybody else that may need them:

Neptune Diner
924 N. Prince St.
Lancaster, PA 17603

Take the Fruitville Pike exit off of Route 30. Take Fruitville Pike south toward Lancaster City. Fruitville Pike turns into N. Prince Street after entering Lancaster City. (N. Prince Street is one way south) As you are heading south you will go over a fairly large railroad bridge, just a few blocks after passing over the R.R. bridge the Neptune Diner will be on your right. There is a big parking lot on the northwest corner of N. Prince Street and W. Liberty Street directly on the south side of the diner. Access to that parking area is off of W. Liberty Street.

I think I can make Neptune at 7am. Not sure about the actual show itself...I may decide to go fishing instead ;-) I will have to talk to the wife about going to the show.

Toying with the idea of hosting an open house after the show for some takeout pizza, beer & fishing conversation. The Mrs will be away and I have several brews on tap (all excellent craft brews & much better than what you'd get at LBC or Spring House). I'm just a few minutes outside Lancaster in Centerville.

Not sure which day yet. If there's any interest let me know.

If anyone was fortunate enough to have some of Tim's beer at the Jam last year, this is a great invitation. My day is quite hectic with kid events, etc., but I could possibly be up for a few in the evening after stopping by the DFCA show.

Looking forward to the show and meeting you guys!! Please stop by my booth and say hello. I will have a bunch of steelhead flies to swing as well as saltwater flies and other ties. Not sure what I will be tying as of now.

if anyone is staying in town after the show or looking for a place to grab a beer and get some good food afterwards, check out Lancaster Brewing Company. The beer is awesome and the food is just as good.

http://www.lancasterbrewing.com/

Back