The Fly Fishing Show - Lancaster, PA. 2-3 March 2013

As long as the bills are paid spend away.

Yes well...were it not for my wife's birthday, Christmas, and our anniversary being right in a row, none of those purchases would have happened, even with the 2 reels being sold!

You could eat breakfast at Shadey Maple on Staurday, I know it's on the other side of lancaster. Just throwing that out there for those that like Buffet.

Yeah, Shady Maple is sweet if you like ridiculously huge buffets. It's just massive. Gotta love a place that offers a "gastric bypass surgery" discount. Pretty decent food as buffets go too.

It's on the pricy side, not something you do on a regular basis, but cool as a special event. Breakfast is the most affordable meal, I think.

I'm out if we're gonna eat at that place. I HATE HATE HATE that PA Dutch schlop. Mostly 'cause that place is such a tourist trap. If you want good down home Lancaster County cookin', I'll get my grandma to make us breakfast haha! She pretty much puts lard in everything.

I was thinking mostly of places within walking distance of the hotel/convention center. Sure, there are places outside of the city.

And 'Squatch... I just discovered that you'll have a 'complete' fly rod arsenal for under $100 with all that Eagle Claw glass :)

I'm in for the breakfast meet up on Saturday before the show. Another suggestion would be Bird-in-Hand Family Restaurant. It is located about 5 miles east of Lancaster City on Route 340. Could probably get to the convention center in about 15 minutes. They open at 6 AM. They have a scaled down express type breakfast buffet from 6 - 7 AM. (I think about $6). Their full breakfast buffet starts at 7 AM ($8.99) but it is still nothing close to Shady Maple's spread. Just throwing this out there as another option.

I will be at the Lancaster Show showing how to tie my Flying Nymph and CDC flies...Nick will be showing how to tie his streamer patterns. Come by and say, HEY.

Hey, if there is a group thats going to meet for breakfast before hand, you can count me in as I was planning on attending Saturday.

wgmiller wrote:
I was thinking mostly of places within walking distance of the hotel/convention center. Sure, there are places outside of the city.

And 'Squatch... I just discovered that you'll have a 'complete' fly rod arsenal for under $100 with all that Eagle Claw glass :)

They don't make a 7/8 wt, dawg! I'm gonna have to pay some bucks for that one.

yes, I'm up for walking distance also.

Good breakfast Downtown? I'd be up to heading out to The Pantry or Park City Diner. let me know what you guys think, I can pick people up.

I DO know I'll be limiting my lunchtime "beverages"! I spent way too much money last year after lunch!

I'm going to try to get there Saturday. I enjoyed it last year, even though it was on the small side.

Lunch is much easier to satisfy. I still say Neptune Diner for breakfast. Its a Lancaster City landmark!

looks like it's walkable, maybe 5 blocks or so? I'm up for it, always have a soft spot for greasy diners. now, the question will be what time? I'll be up early, so 7-7:30 would work for me, plenty of time to eat and BS, then hoof it back for the 9:00 show opening.

lunch? last year we did the irish place, annies something? good food, but I'm always up for something different. the show was actually much more enjoyable a little later in the day after the crowd died down a bit, actually had time and room to talk to the tyers and such.
last year we had dinner with TimRobinson at some little place that I can't remember the name, but it was packed with people and the food was good, maybe he will remember. it was only a block or so away from the hotel.

You can walk to Neptune.

Annie Bailey's. Good place, but a bit overpriced (I'm cheap!). I rarely eat there though, so that'd be a great place for lunch.

Back