Sunglasses anyone

Wally's sell clip on sunglasses for $15, I've got a pir and they're great.

I got to fish with my prescription glasses Friday 28Dec. They were great! Nice to not have to worry about contacts or fit-overs. The only downside is that in low light conditions early or late I lose my corrective lenses if I remove my sunglasses. Guess I could carry my regular glasses along to solve that problem.

I got the copper lens. It's a little darker than I'd hoped, but acceptable. Lenses also come in grey and brown from Guideline.

Costa del Mars have been outstanding. I usually look at Sierra tradings for deals and wait for coupons- you ned to find ones that fit.

I'm looking at Native eyewear. They have glasses with changeable lenses.

I bought a cheap pair of polarized glasses on a recent trip where I dropped my old ones and they got run over. Got some amber lenses and absolutely love them. Great for low light conditions. I wore them till almost sunset and saw great.

I wear cheapo walmart berkley polarized glasses. I get about 6 pairs a year. If i scratch em break em there only 5 bucks a pair.

I have tried on a pair of suncloud conductors and will be getting a pair. I was impressed.

I can't say enough good things about Costa Del Mar. I wear mine pretty much any time I'm outside, rain or shine. They do Rx. They're definitely expensive glasses but worth every penny.

costa are the way to go. I think it 560 that is the highest they go. they make everything look better.

Gone_Phishin wrote:
I can't say enough good things about Costa Del Mar. I wear mine pretty much any time I'm outside, rain or shine. They do Rx. They're definitely expensive glasses but worth every penny.

I agree 110%

stal42 wrote:
Gone_Phishin wrote:

I agree 110%

X2. Best sunglasses in the world.

I am sold on Smith Action Optics. They are expensive and I don't know if or how easy it is to get RX but the Photo Glass Lenses are awesome.

I dropped a pair in a parking lot and cracked a lense. I sent them in and Smith could not replace them because they were an older model so they let me pick a newer model of the same line. How is that for warranty? I was expecting a new lense and a charge for it to boot.

I am lucky enough to have two pair now, one in copper and one in amber and it is the amber (yellow) that I use the most for fishing becasue I find that I am often in the shade or fishing in the evening. When light is marginal but there is still glare on the water, the amber lets more light reach my eyes.

Shock

marcq wrote:
costa are the way to go. I think it 560 that is the highest they go. they make everything look better.

580 is their high end lens. You can get them in glass(580G) or Polycarbonate(580P)

Like a lot of people on here, I hate paying retail for anything. I'd say got to Bass Pro or somewhere that sells Costas and try them on, see what fits. Then hit ebay for your purchase. Ive got several pairs on there for

I have had several pair of glasses and the 580G are the best I have ever tried. they feel great on your face. might be expensive but they will last for a long long time.

Great recommendations gents!! not sure which road I'll go down with the sunglasses. There are alot of choices out there and I appreciate all the recommendations.

I'll second that Smith sunglasses are the best. Their lenses are absolutely ridiculous. Check out the Polarchromic lenses, they are polarized, but they also contain photochromic material which helps increase/decrease the tint of the lense depending on light conditions. Awesome shades for fishing.

trout624
What's their price?

I have somewhat of a question on sunglasses...I have a pair of oakleys that I wear for fishing... thing is they are about 12 or 13 years old and have been through a lot...including scratches and salt water spray from the beach....my question is does the polarization wear off over time...my guess is no...I mean hell they're oakleys...but I thought I'de ask

I also wear prescription lenses but refuse to buy prescription sunglasses so what I did was get fitted for soft contacts - they are great for fishing and a box of 6 is like $30 - much cheaper than prescription glasses. This also allows me to wear any sunglasses I choose - dark tint for bright days, yellow for cloudy days, etc.

If the glasses have to many scratches this may make your eyes go bad as they try to focus through them. Also if they are BC glasses (Birth Control...no women wants to go out with you) it maybe time to replace them.

Back