Sunglasses anyone

I just bought a pair of yellow tinted polorized glasses for $20.00 - I can see the creek bottom quite well.

Yellow is great for overcast days. Watch wearing them in the sun, though. I tend to develop eye strain & a headache if I wear mine in too much sun.

I usually only go out for abt 2-6 hours at a time. never a full day. And i've worn them about 4 times with no problems.

Most of the reputable companies will do Rx polarized glasses. Including Costa.

A few years ago, I did some extensive research looking into buying a pair of Rx Costas.

Eventually, what I learned was that Costa doesn't do Rx glass, and, at least in my situation, it was going to result in Costa frames (which I believe are contracted) filled with Rx lenses from whoever was contracted by the shop I bought them from decided to work with...they could apply the tints & coatings, but it wouldn't be the Costa 580G lenses (if I could even get glass at all)...and if anything ever happened to them, the warranty from Costa would only cover the frames, while the shop would be responsible for the warranty, if any, on the lenses.

Of course, it was all told going to run me well north of $500, so once I found all that out, I thanked evryone for their time and got the idea of Rx shades out of my head.

Since then, while I still wear glasses, I've also started using some dailies contacts which are super comfortable. Because of that, I bought a few pairs of non-Rx shades, and use the less comfortable, but tighter-fitting polarized (Bolle) pair on the water, and the super light, thin, comfortable but non-polarized pair (Ray-ban) in the car.

I've had them both for several years and while the Ray-bans are still like new (I baby them...always either on my face or in their case), the Bolles are starting to show the effects of several years of fishing. Once they've had it, I may consider non-Rx Costas again, since I've proven to myself I can care for a pair of sunglasses.

Back