• firebugger.jpg
    firebugger.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 2
one other thing am i tying my sucker spawns too big? this one is a size 14

Attachments

• egg.jpg
    egg.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 1
Nice looking fly. Size 14 hook is all that I tie my SS. Even when I tie Micro Spawn, I go with a #14 hook. That fly will catch you fish.

SonofZ3 wrote:
Heres some pics of some streamers I've been tying for steelhead fishing. I can't wait to try them out!
I like to use barbell eyes on streamers. They get the fly down, and make sure it rides in the water the way I want.
]

Nice ties ! I like that purple one.

that hooked eyebally gives me the willies i like to tie em all frayed lookin because they work the best when they get beat up IMO

figured I'd refresh this post from last year. It had a lot of good info on it and a great primer for the upcoming season.

A few of these if I go this year.

Attachments

• egg sack.jpg
    egg sack.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 1
  • blue eggs.jpg
    blue eggs.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 2
Anyone tie up the "scrambled egg" pattern. I tied a few last year and never used them. Just wondering if anyone has had any success on them.

by ryguyfi on 2010/9/29 15:48:54

Anyone tie up the "scrambled egg" pattern. I tied a few last year and never used them. Just wondering if anyone has had any success on them.

Yes and Yes. I like to tie mine with and use Angora as the stripe.

I have also tied what ends up as pretty much a scrambled egg pattern using only angora. 2 Strands of one color on the outside, solo strand in the center.

ryguyfi wrote:
figured I'd refresh this post from last year. It had a lot of good info on it and a great primer for the upcoming season.

Thanks! No sense 'reinventing the wheel'!

wsa just at Poor Richards Wed. afternoon.
Did Tuesday and Wed. on Walnut.
Just brushing up so Ed dosen't smoke me at the Jam!!

wet

For those that can wait until you get there, Poor Richard's has more egg yarn than you can shake a stick at. It's astonishing, actually - I never knew there were so many different sizes, let alone colors. I've never been in Folly's shop, but I'll be sure to get what I can there first.

Saw your post from last year H-A.

Poor Richard's has a great shop, super people working in there. BAC also has a great selection of tying materials that is definately worthy of checking out if you have time. It's right down from Poor Richard's going towards Elk, right off of 5 at the intersection of 98.

WAAAYYY too early to be thinking about eggs/suckerspawn/crystalmeth

truder-dry.jpg

Nice tie! I think I'd go diving if I lost that on the bottom.

You're raising the bar pretty high!

jaybo41 wrote:
Saw your post from last year H-A.

Poor Richard's has a great shop, super people working in there. BAC also has a great selection of tying materials that is definately worthy of checking out if you have time. It's right down from Poor Richard's going towards Elk, right off of 5 at the intersection of 98.

I've driven by there, but never stopped. Folly's had a pretty good selection as well. Guess it's good to spread the wealth. :lol:

thanks

Lost 2 last week
PM me and i'll give you gps#s

Ramcatt wrote:
WAAAYYY too early to be thinking about eggs/suckerspawn/crystalmeth

When is the right time to start thinking about those flies?

Time to stop thinking about tying them - for me. :)

My egg boxes are full, and I used up all the hooks LRSABecker gave me to tie his.

Here's your eggbox Mr. Becker - the next flies added will be tied by YOU. Some small eggs will round out that selection nicely. Your normal trout nymphs will be fine for steelhead, and the streamers I gave you for your float trip will work well also.

Looks like you're almost ready for the Steelhead Jam!

Attachments

• LRSABecker eggs.jpg
    LRSABecker eggs.jpg
    731.4 KB · Views: 3
YEAAAAAAAAA Thanks HA! Can't wait to tie mine up.

Back