Scott discontinuing A3?

I would second gary's bean suggestion, but that would be out of line.

jayL wrote:
I would second gary's bean suggestion, but that would be out of line.

You are not the first to be in this quandry, sir.

What 9/10 reel does bean sell that I can get for half the price of an Allen?

Que Google thingy.

LRSABecker wrote:
What 9/10 reel does bean sell that I can get for half the price of an Allen?

I have no idea, nor am I asking, for your discount rating. I know there's one there. Let's make a safe assumption that its at least 20%, right? The Double L #4 is $129-20%=$103. The Streamlight UL #3 is $89-20%=$73. The Shearwater #3 is $209-20%=$165.

And let's be honest, you're getting more than 20% off.

Let me spell it for you this way: Cheap junk breaks. All of these Chinese reels from B-list manufacturers and big box OEMs (BPS, C, LLB, et al) are simply the design-of-the-week. Next year's model will be different, and these won't be made anymore. There will be no more spares, because they won't be made, period. When it breaks, you'll be looking at this thing saying, "WTF do I do now?" THen you will buy a new one.

Buy an Abel and be done with it. Tell Jdaddy you need a pay advance. Problem solved!

I also have a Orvis large arbor V spool that's for sale?

I've got two Cabela's XSS #2 reels, one needs foot-to-frame screws, but I bought it for the spare spool. I'll even scratch Allen in the side of it with a Dremel if you want! If you're into China stuff with no spare parts and no easily replacement when it fails, these'll do ya proud!

Nope! Some A hole from the Sportsman club on Oak Orchard is borrowing it but I don't think he is going to return it.

Meh. Drags not sealed anyway. I have a III that is all bitched up. Sounds like grinding metal inside. Opening it reveals no issues. Very odd. I have cleaned it and cleaned it and no grit found. This Orvis will switch it for the new one?

The only reel Bean carries that is in a 9 wt is there lowest model. It is 60$ with line. Meh. I talked to you guys about a Ross evo or lamson high-speed (which we sell), but you guys scoffed at me. Jdaddy recommends Allen, yet does not yell at Baby ruth when I talk about the new Allen.

LRSABecker wrote:
The only reel Bean carries that is in a 9 wt is there lowest model. It is 60$ with line. Meh. I talked to you guys about a Ross evo or lamson high-speed (which we sell), but you guys scoffed at me. Jdaddy recommends Allen, yet does not yell at Baby ruth when I talk about the new Allen.

Well in all fairness, you have now stated a proper case for defense from baba roof.

and besides people are scared of me cause I am a bully.

A b e l

You hooking a white cracker up?

LRSABecker wrote:
The only reel Bean carries that is in a 9 wt is there lowest model. It is 60$ with line.

(facepalm)

Becks...dude...you're actually now tripping my ****** switch. So, because all our playfighting aside, I actually do like you, I'm going to keep it simple and hoepfully not make you sad.

One, its your money. Do whatever you want. K?
Two, its your life. Do whatever you want. K?
Three, after this supressed tirade, I'm going to stop commenting on this because of the aforementioned switch being pressed. K?

HOW CAN YOU WORK FOR A STORE AND NOT EVEN HAVE ANY CLUE WHAT ON EARTH YOU SELL OR WHAT IT DOES?!

You realize these numbers they tell you, that you know, they're arbitrary, right? That if you wanted to stick half of a 000DT line on a 4" reel with 10,000 yards of 20# microbacking you could, right? That pretty much the capacty of the reel is the only limit, and you're free to wind whatever you want on. I know, it seems odd, but these mysterious "guidelines" are just sort of made up, suggestions if you will. Why, some people here purposely utilize smaller or larger reels to balance some of their most extreme setups.

But, failing that, you're not even remotely aware of what you sell, and you're clearly too fantastically lazy to actually LOOK at a website or walk behind the counter to look. Double L #4, WF-9+230yd #30. Sheerwater #4, WF-9+270 #30. SL-UL #3, WF-9+150 #30.

I don't understand your almost fetishistic desire to spend money you don't actually have, either. For a dude who said, "I can't afford an expensive computer" the other day you're going to town buying Scott rods and freakin' $300 reels for what I can only assume is a once a year salmon trip, eh? Look, dude, I get the lure of the deal... it was on clearance, strike now while the iron is hot, etc etc, so you buy it.. cool, cool... but again, you buy the cheap reel coz the money you save can buy a nice little computer that you can use to help pass school, your kids can use for edutainment games, your wife can use to pass the hours by and whatever... Think smarter, not harder, coz all you're doing giving your neurons cramps trying to understand your whacked worldview.

Whew.

Now, I suspect there'll be a pithy "tl;dr" and that's fine. Because you did read it. However, that "tl;dr" can let us both pretend this didn't happen because then we can continue on with our little love/hate game and not actually let this negativity come between us. Still love ya, lambkins.

gfen wrote:
LRSABecker wrote:
The only reel Bean carries that is in a 9 wt is there lowest model. It is 60$ with line.

(facepalm)

Becks...dude...you're actually now tripping my ****** switch. So, because all our playfighting aside, I actually do like you, I'm going to keep it simple and hoepfully not make you sad.

One, its your money. Do whatever you want. K?
Two, its your life. Do whatever you want. K?
Three, after this supressed tirade, I'm going to stop commenting on this because of the aforementioned switch being pressed. K?

HOW CAN YOU WORK FOR A STORE AND NOT EVEN HAVE ANY CLUE WHAT ON EARTH YOU SELL OR WHAT IT DOES?!

You realize these numbers they tell you, that you know, they're arbitrary, right? That if you wanted to stick half of a 000DT line on a 4" reel with 10,000 yards of 20# microbacking you could, right? That pretty much the capacty of the reel is the only limit, and you're free to wind whatever you want on. I know, it seems odd, but these mysterious "guidelines" are just sort of made up, suggestions if you will. Why, some people here purposely utilize smaller or larger reels to balance some of their most extreme setups.

But, failing that, you're not even remotely aware of what you sell, and you're clearly too fantastically lazy to actually LOOK at a website or walk behind the counter to look. Double L #4, WF-9+230yd #30. Sheerwater #4, WF-9+270 #30. SL-UL #3, WF-9+150 #30.

I don't understand your almost fetishistic desire to spend money you don't actually have, either. For a dude who said, "I can't afford an expensive computer" the other day you're going to town buying Scott rods and freakin' $300 reels for what I can only assume is a once a year salmon trip, eh? Look, dude, I get the lure of the deal... it was on clearance, strike now while the iron is hot, etc etc, so you buy it.. cool, cool... but again, you buy the cheap reel coz the money you save can buy a nice little computer that you can use to help pass school, your kids can use for edutainment games, your wife can use to pass the hours by and whatever... Think smarter, not harder, coz all you're doing giving your neurons cramps trying to understand your whacked worldview.

Whew.

Now, I suspect there'll be a pithy "tl;dr" and that's fine. Because you did read it. However, that "tl;dr" can let us both pretend this didn't happen because then we can continue on with our little love/hate game and not actually let this negativity come between us. Still love ya, lambkins.

Baby Ruth, I am working and trying to comment through my cell phone. It has nothing to do with laziness to look at beaner site, it has to do with the fact that the site on my droid is not the normal site that you would see on your home computer. I work at the Beaner once every 3-4 weeks, I am not in the store either. I promote the Bean brand and suggest to customers purchasing everything through the bean because of our warranty. I then offer a personal shopper. That's right, a personal shopper who works in the fishing department to work 1 on 1 with them in the store at getting them exactly what they need. So, as you can see I need to know about the brand in general, but not every little detail. I have many customers that have gone to management and let them know, I was fantastic to work with. Obviously, I am doing just fine at my job, because I am told this every time I walk into the store.

I asked your opinion on computer, and you told me mac, I said I have the money for a mac, but am more comfortable with windows, and see no need to spend 1000$ on mac, when I can get very good computer (maybe not Mac) for a 1/3 of price.

O, I work 3 jobs, so don't think I was at the Bean when typing this.

If you are using it 2 days a year for salmon, just spend $125 for a konic. It'll last a few years and if $$ is tight going that route will save a few hundy.

If you are using it more than that, why not go with a Velocity or Evo? They'll last ya forever.

I plan to use it not just for kings, but also for the salt, Possibly even Beltzville for stripers. I see myself using this rod at least 10-15 times a year.

A
B
E
L

Back