Scott discontinuing A3?

gfen wrote:

Also acceptable, Pflueger Medalist 1498. Only because I haven't said that in at least two days.

Did I mention Winston? Oh, ya, reel discussion within rod thread. Carry on.

Well, I want something with some stopping power. I have thought about just going with Ross evo or Lamson lightspeed, because of the bean discount. I have a hard time thinking an Allen drag system will hold up.

jdaddy wrote:
Did I mention Winston? Oh, ya, reel discussion within rod thread. Carry on.

What would happen if I put one of my Medalists on your Winstons? Would it be like a Reese's peanut butter cup, or would it be an unwieldy mess?

Larissa wrote:
I have a hard time thinking an Allen drag system will hold up.

Steelhead on the Lehigh, folks., That's proof they're doing it.

LRSABecker wrote:
I have a hard time thinking an Allen drag system will hold up.

I'll let you know the first week of august, because I am going to beat the ever loving **** out of that thing on my trip. It's on my 6wt and slated for full time streamer duty.

The allen drag (post-defective bearing replacement) seems good enough. It smoothly handled a delaware rainbow in big water, but the bighorn and yellowstone will be the true test.

LRSABecker wrote:
Well, I want something with some stopping power. I have thought about just going with Ross evo or Lamson lightspeed, because of the bean discount. I have a hard time thinking an Allen drag system will hold up.

That's just silly. I hooked the 9wt up to my kid and had her tear *** around the yard. Soaked reel in water first. No problem.

But ya, go ahead and put a ultralight reel on it. That'll feel goot.

jdaddy wrote:

But ya, go ahead and put a ultralight reel on it. That'll feel goot.

yeah - can't see how the ross let alone the lamson will balance it..but you won't know until you try the combo. I tried both the lamson and the ross on my zaxis and found the lamson too light...the ross BARELY heavy enough to balance it...and that was in 5wt.

A 9ft 9wt A3 i would think would need something beefier to balance.

Answer Nautilus or Tibor? Tilt get on it. Good deals.

Just figured a gear head like you and him would know where to look. I search on ebay.

jdaddy wrote:
LRSABecker wrote:
Answer Nautilus or Tibor? Tilt get on it. Good deals.

Boy, you are a different kind of lazy.

Is that kinda like Andy is a different kind of pirate?

See what I did there?

LRSABecker wrote:
Is that kinda like Andy is a different kind of pirate?
See what I did there?

Deflected for your own inadequecies? Yeah, I see it.

As an example, and not a valid suggestion this time, I do find a 9' 8wt balances with the aforementioned heavyass pot metal 1498 and a sinking line. You may be surprised.

Tibors make abels look like a value pick.

Just like Becker makes my dog look smart?

See what I did there?

LOL your my buddy

Stop dragging me into convos. I didn't even have a horse in that race!

Haha how do you think I feel? I have the guy from the Goonies, dragging me into everything. BABY RUTH?!?

You two are among the biggest attention whores I have ever seen. You know you love it.

too bad I sold the Tibor but I did get $500 for it. I'll keep an eye out for you though. Give me a price limit and we can figure something out. If you just want something to use in the meantime I have a few to choose from.

Allen came out with his new reel today, Alpha II. 100$ for a 9/10wt hmmm

LRSABecker wrote:
Allen came out with his new reel today, Alpha II. 100$ for a 9/10wt hmmm

Don't you get a 40% discount? Again, these things and most of ebay probably all come out of [d]Tokyo Joe's[/d]Beijng Sam's Hourse of Machine Shop, so why would you spend twice as much on an Allen just to have his name on the side of it when you'll have to send it back to himw hen it breaks and eventually throw it out when he stops making it and won't support it, versus being able to walk into your place of employment and right back out with a brand new one for life?

I don't get you.

Back