Quill Gordon Summit (NCPA Jam) April 26th-28th - 2013

where am i going to sleep ??????? ANDY !!

http://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/KBFD/2013/3/22/MonthlyHistory.html

Look at the temperature chart, kinda crazy. Doesn't really look like it's going to warm up to 'average' anytime in the next week or so either.

Instead of being late for Gordon's this year, I hope we're not too early.

According to Flybase Quill Gordons should start around April 18th. Peak duration is about 2 weeks long. Might not see too many Hendricksons. There is still quite a bit of snow on top of the mountains yet to melt. I was driving up from Avis yesterday & the whole way along Rt 44 from Waterville to Germania there was around a foot of snow in most places!

Brad that could be a good thing, no? It could help stream levels by the end of April when we get up there?

The_Sasquatch wrote:
Brad that could be a good thing, no? It could help stream levels by the end of April when we get up there?

I think the water should be fine on the smaller streams. Normally Big Pine is pretty high & cold in April. I don't normally start fishing Big Pine until May. It can be frustrating fishing Pine early...tons of bugs & NO fish rising :-(

The_Sasquatch wrote:
THE Pine, where the sun don't ever shine!

I'm definitely open to stream suggestions! Was it Genessee Forks that is 8 miles of Class A public access wild brown/brook water? I definitely want to give that one a run!

Have you ever fished the Genessee while up there?

Just a reminder, THE OTHER THREAD has some details about meet up times, etc. If anyone needs directions to my cabin, please PM me before next. Wed evening!
Peace
Andy

Andy, who cares, no directions, Potter C. is so nice it is good to be lost sometimes.
:)

As of today, the forecast is looking much, much better.

As am I, considering it snowed here today!

don't get lost, there should be a sign on the telephone pole by the lane,
:-D

Attachments

• Hippies Use Back Door Sign.jpg
    Hippies Use Back Door Sign.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 2
Just a head's up guys, I just found out today that I need to be back in Lancaster by 2pm on Sunday. That means we'll have to have the cabin cleaned up and we have to be out of there between 9:30-10am on Sunday morning. I apologize for that, it was unforeseen. I didn't think I'd have to be back here till about 4pm.

Do we have some folks bringing their strings?

So Jack, does your recent activity in this thread mean that you may be showing up at this thing? I could be talked into bringing a few stringed instruments...

Unfortunately, as much as I am interested, I have grave doubt I will make it at all. I do enjoy hearing about it before and will enjoy hearing how it went after.

If I wasn't excited enough already, this isn't helping.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    93.9 KB · Views: 3
Back