Quill Gordon Summit (NCPA Jam) April 26th-28th - 2013

Do you think a little rain on Wednesday will blow out the streams into the weekend? They seem to be in pretty okay shape right now.

The weather just keeps getting better and better. Last year everything was low!

wsender wrote:
Do you think a little rain on Wednesday will blow out the streams into the weekend? They seem to be in pretty okay shape right now.

I don't think we are going to get much rain. :) I think morning fishing will be slow until the sun heats the water a little. Big Pine looks rreally nice right now. Not sure of the water temp but maybe Bob can let us know. I was going to check it yesterday but trying to get my work done so I can take off Friday.

If the weather is as nice up there as it is down here.....it should be perfect. Hope you guys are having a blast and bugs are hatching and fish hitting.
Wish I could join you.
(looking forward to some pics).

Lots of bugs, very few fish, no one seems to have an answer, water temps are good, water is covered with bugs, these stupid fish should be eating!!! Gonna try a couple streams on my way home today and hopefully do better. Everyone still having a blast though, eating well, drinking well, and telling tall tales!

I posted a summary of how the trip was for me in my blog. I would post it over here but it's just as easy if you click the link to my blog. Don't worry I get no money from my blog and I'm not trying to sell anything. Just another of my many hobbies.

Andy, I will not be posting the picture.....

Quill Gordon Summit Guys,

Again had a blast with you guys. Looking forward to it next year. As we left early Sunday morning. Skybay and I decided to fish Spring Cr on the way home, but not after a little drama on the way down to Spring. We stopped at Sheetz for gas outside Lock Haven and dumb *** me locked my keys in my car. Car thief's we wouldn't make. After about an hour of trying. A young fellow came over and asked if he could help. He told me it's happened to him plenty of times. He had it unlocked like right now. I thanked him and we were on our way. Spring fished pretty good for me but not so well for Jared. We fished till almost dark, lots of BWO's and even seen about a doz Sulphur's. It was a good trip and fishing with Jared was hilarious as always. Wish you guys could have stopped. Again looking forward to next years Summit. And Andy Thank You again for letting us all stay at your camp.

Had a great time meeting with everyone. Sky bay if you can send some pics of the gang here at the shop to bob@bigmeadowsflyshop.com would like to have some . Oh and squashy right after you left I bought # 28-- rod a 8' 6wt. fenwick..

Beeber2 left at 10 am this morning to hit penns on the way home. Mark (buddy from se pa) is still here and we are hitting pine tonight.we all fished the upper tioga yesturday and caught a few fish, but was tough on sunday.

Well, for the second year of two, I failed to attend the Summit I helped instigate. But, I am glad to hear the elusive Mayfly known affectionately after the guy who first tied it showed its wing. Sasquatch deserves the recognition for his running with the idea and for generously hosting folks. I am sure everyone contributed to make this a success. That is the key to a successful gathering. Congratulations to all who made it and made it happen! (Enjoying the pics).

Coty too. He played a huge role in getting the first one off the ground!

You best come next year Jack... More than once, someone said, "Wasn't this think partly Jack's idea? Where is he?"

Quill Gordon Summit Jam
April 26th-28th - 2013
Potter County, PA

Attachments

• Quill_Gordon_Summit_2013_fly_by_Sandfly_shop.jpg
    Quill_Gordon_Summit_2013_fly_by_Sandfly_shop.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 5
  • Allegheny_River_Friday_Apr26th_2013.jpg
    Allegheny_River_Friday_Apr26th_2013.jpg
    220.9 KB · Views: 4
  • Brown_cought_on_CARPET_fly_proven_pattern_by_Skybay_Allegheny_River.jpg
    Brown_cought_on_CARPET_fly_proven_pattern_by_Skybay_Allegheny_River.jpg
    219 KB · Views: 5
  • Caddis_on Pine.jpg
    Caddis_on Pine.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 3
  • Quill_Gordon_Summit_Saturday_Apr27th_2013.jpg
    Quill_Gordon_Summit_Saturday_Apr27th_2013.jpg
    266.7 KB · Views: 4
  • Quill_Gordon_Summit-Saturday-BradFromPotter-Csoult-The_Sasquatch_Friday_Apr26th_2013.jpg
    Quill_Gordon_Summit-Saturday-BradFromPotter-Csoult-The_Sasquatch_Friday_Apr26th_2013.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 4
  • Quill_Gordon_Summit-WetFly01-BikerFish-Salvelinusfontinalis-The_Sasquatch-Csoult_Friday.jpg
    Quill_Gordon_Summit-WetFly01-BikerFish-Salvelinusfontinalis-The_Sasquatch-Csoult_Friday.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 3
  • Happy_Salvelinusfontinalis_expressing_himself.jpg
    Happy_Salvelinusfontinalis_expressing_himself.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 5
  • Pine_Creek_Bikerfish_and_WetFly01_observe_the creek.jpg
    Pine_Creek_Bikerfish_and_WetFly01_observe_the creek.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 3
  • sandfly_at_his_fly_fish_shop_Sat27th_2013.jpg
    sandfly_at_his_fly_fish_shop_Sat27th_2013.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 5
  • Sceptical Glance of Biker and The_Sasquasch_Pine_Creek_Apr27th_2013.jpg
    Sceptical Glance of Biker and The_Sasquasch_Pine_Creek_Apr27th_2013.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 6
  • The_Sasquatch-salvelinusfontinalis-bikerfish_on the_Pine_Creek_Saturday_Apr27th_2013.jpg
    The_Sasquatch-salvelinusfontinalis-bikerfish_on the_Pine_Creek_Saturday_Apr27th_2013.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 3
  • wsender_helping_with_angus_quill_gordon_season_mashroom_bacon_scallion_sunnyup_egg_burger_iroquois_c
    wsender_helping_with_angus_quill_gordon_season_mashroom_bacon_scallion_sunnyup_egg_burger_iroquois_c
    105.6 KB · Views: 3
Nice pics, dude.

For the group picture, L to R-Csoult, The_Sasquatch, Bikerfish, Sal, Wsender, Wetfly01, and Skybay is down front in the green waders.

I'm laughing out loud reading the captions!

...relax.

Attachments

• looks like heavy wading.jpg
    looks like heavy wading.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 2
That hole pissed me off! That one surfaced at some point this weekend.

I like your camp sasquatch. That looks like a fishing camp.

Yeah it's great for that! We're so close to so many streams its ridiculous.

It's clean enough for family vacations, rustic enough for PA Fly Fish summits.

Back