Quill Gordon Summit (NCPA Jam) April 26th-28th - 2013

Ill bring some streaks, burgers, hot dogs....a bunch of various stuff to eat. Whatever food I bring anyone is welcome to it.

I hope we run into a good hatch. I wouldn't be disappointed if the March Browns are out. Then again I wouldn't be disappointed throwing meat (not the steaks ;-) ) at some big trout too.

Andy,

am I to ride up with ya on Thurs or you want me to drive too? Either way. I still would like to get on Slate at some point during the 4 days.

You can ride up w/ me. I'll be leaving around 5am on Thursday-or earlier! Maybe we can stop at Slate on the way up, head over to the camp, set up there, and then go out to Lyman Run, which is only 10 minutes or so from the cabin.

salvelinusfontinalis wrote:
I still would like to get on Slate at some point during the 4 days.
If the water is right... me too. It can be very fickle when too low.

Hatches should be on schedule this year. Air temps have been slightly below normal so far this year. The long range forecast calls for the same. So, I don't think you will see march browns this year. We should have the big 3(quill gordons, blue quills, hendricksons) come the end of April. If we don't get some decent rain in the next couple of weeks streams will be on the low side. Not much of a snow pack to melt.:-(

Brad, I am disappointed you haven't signed on to this event. I believe you have a whole lot to contribute. And, I can imagine the late night religious discussions that would be possible, with an apostle in training hosting the event, and possibly a heathen student of religion attending. Seriously, this is a tailor-made Jam for you. Please consider attending, even for a day.

JackM wrote:
Brad, I am disappointed you haven't signed on to this event. I believe you have a whole lot to contribute. And, I can imagine the late night religious discussions that would be possible, with an apostle in training hosting the event, and possibly a heathen student of religion attending. Seriously, this is a tailor-made Jam for you. Please consider attending, even for a day.

I'm going to be there on Friday & depending on my work schedule Saturday also. I'm going to take a group out to some beaver ponds on Friday.

The_Sasquatch wrote:
You can ride up w/ me. I'll be leaving around 5am on Thursday-or earlier! Maybe we can stop at Slate on the way up, head over to the camp, set up there, and then go out to Lyman Run, which is only 10 minutes or so from the cabin.

Be leery of the dumpster behind the Manor Inn, I have seen bears there before.

Hey Brad,

Why no March Browns?

Yeah, three weeks early last year.

My bad, I thought from the way Brad worded his response that we weren't going to get March Browns at all this year.

Yeah three weeks early last year, but man that was some serious fun! Big trout on big water with big dries. Hard to beat that. The Pine may be stocked water, but it's hard to beat that scenery and it has great hatches.

The_Sasquatch wrote:
Yeah three weeks early last year, but man that was some serious fun! Big trout on big water with big dries. Hard to beat that. The Pine may be stocked water, but it's hard to beat that scenery and it has great hatches.
Agree

csoult wrote:
salvelinusfontinalis wrote:
I still would like to get on Slate at some point during the 4 days.
If the water is right... me too. It can be very fickle when too low.

Maybe then a trip to Slate is in order for Friday, since there is interest in this stream. I always get my arse kicked by it, but I am usually on it in the summer when the water is very low.

The_Sasquatch wrote:

Maybe then a trip to Slate is in order for Friday, since there is interest in this stream.

Sas,
Please check your PM.

This looks like it's going to be a blast. I wish I knew my schedule better for then.

Dude, Zen we're always open for last minute decisions! I'm leaving that Thursday morning. Let me know that Wed. night and I'll give you directions haha!

The_Sasquatch wrote:
Dude, Zen we're always open for last minute decisions! I'm leaving that Thursday morning. Let me know that Wed. night and I'll give you directions haha!

Thank You, Squach! I will do that. I would love to be able to make this, at least for a day or 2.

Sasq, I would like to “reserve” the bed upstairs, by the stairway, (same as the last year) and not on the stove…

I will cook gentlemen (if you don’t mind) so don’t forget your ‘TUMS’ along with your toothbrush.
If I add a couple of tablespoons of brandy to the pot, don’t blame me for not so precise casting the next day, the trout there are forgiving and take your clumsy fly anyway.
Anglers with more exquisite taste for porcini mushrooms, Le Blanc truffles, Vermont butter or Lower East Side cacciucco hold your horses or send me PM, I have to place order the time ahead.
Fishing would be heavy (and maybe catching too) so get your extra sleep before this exclusive event.

Attachments

• Quill_Gordon_Jam.jpg
    Quill_Gordon_Jam.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 2
The bed right at the top to the left of the stairs is mine!!!! I think you were in the one right across from the stairs. I'll keep it open for you.

Jared's cooking is amazing. We should consider ourselves lucky! I'm not discouraging other food brought, though!

Back