Quill Gordon Summit (NCPA Jam) April 26th-28th - 2013

SBecker wrote:
If I can make it, I will bring a crockpot full of pork tenderloin and sauerkraut.

Tenderloin in a crock pot? What a waste of a premium cut!

Sas,

Hopefully in the next couple of weeks we can have an accurate head count of who's all attending. Would just like to know how much to prepare. I'll be bring BBQ chicken and macaroni salad.

Yeah hopefully we get a good head count soon. I don't have a lot of extra cash, but I'd be willing to bring up a couple dozen eggs and potatoes for breakfast. I can get tons of potatoes cheap from the local farm market.

The_Sasquatch wrote:
Yeah hopefully we get a good head count soon. I don't have a lot of extra cash, but I'd be willing to bring up a couple dozen eggs and potatoes for breakfast. I can get tons of potatoes cheap from the local farm market.

My GFs grandfather is a farmer and they have a literal barn-full of potatoes so I can definitely bring some to help spare your expense. You're putting us all up, that's more than enough IMO.

They also have beef cattle, so I was going to grab some ground and bring fixins for burgers as well.

Oh well...nevermind on my potato offer then!

wsender wrote:
SBecker wrote:
If I can make it, I will bring a crockpot full of pork tenderloin and sauerkraut.

Uhhm turn on low, add sauerkraut, go fishing the whole day. Come back foods done.

SBecker wrote:
wsender wrote:
SBecker wrote:

Uhhm turn on low, add sauerkraut, go fishing the whole day. Come back foods done.

It's more of a technique used for something like shoulder or butt. Tenderloin lacks the connective tissue that braising breaks down and turns it into yummy yummy collagen.

Weren't you suppose to be chef extraordinaire? ;-)

Dudes, who cares? Big slabs of meat grilled on the flat top stove with big roles and "fixins"...that sounds like mountain heaven.

I personally enjoy the taste and tenderness of loin in a crockypotty. obviously, it can be over done.

Fine, I bow out of cooking. I will bring box's of cereal, better?

Aww don't be upset Becks. You can bring your crockpot if you want ;-)

Sure, box of cereal in crock pot, fill with milk. Communal cereal bowl, Enjoy!

SBecker wrote:
I personally enjoy the taste and tenderness of loin in a crockypotty. obviously, it can be over done.

Fine, I bow out of cooking. I will bring box's of cereal, better?

Well wait, loin is a different story! You can cook whatever you'd like, I'd be more than happy to eat it up.

I hope we can have a brookie cook out.

Completely down with roasting brookies on toothpicks over a fire.

Crockpotted Cocoa Puffs sounds pretty good!

Mmmm communal slobber milk.

'Squatch,

Is there a licensing center near-by? I don't think I can buy a annual non-resident license online.

Uhhh...beats me. That might be one for Sandfly to answer. I haven't had to buy my license in over a decade up there. Find a Walmart once you cross into PA? I'm sure there's a place in Coudersport that will sell them (hardware stores, etc.)

Didn't that place we got flashlights/ headlamps last year sell Licenses? Oh and I got deer sausage. I will also bring some deer Jerky, and probably a container of "Wet Wipes" incase anybody gets a little messy with the mayo or pickles! LOL!

Thanks for the post Brad. I'll probably have to swing over there sometime around Saturday AM because I'm sure they'll be closed before I get there on Friday.

Has anyone been in the area recently? The hatches up here are proceeding 'normally', at least compared to the last two Springs. Are the hatches coming along as planned?

Back