Pocono Newbie Jam - Fall Edition

My 50/50 went the way of Chitown to beat up on some domers. Almost didn't go due to this but Miami-ND with the old college buddies wins out .. have fun gents and I'll make up there one day so you mopes can show me the ropes!

If you say everyone is going to meet at 7:30 AM, I will make that.
I'll bring my food and be prepared for eating in a ditch, wings are us or where ever....

It's sounding like lunch will be by group and if people want to meet later in the day/diner that would be a good idea and I would be OK with that. Then if time permits fish right before dark. Exchange some cell phone numbers when we all meet and see what happens.

Whatever works for everyone I will be up at the cabin Thursday night till Sunday evening so I have 3 days of fishing if the weather allows.

Chef, maybe I will get our group to try the place for wings I was raving about. Honestly the best wings I have ever had.

Sounds like a plan to me. You fishing friday?

Yes of course

SBecker wrote:
Chef, maybe I will get our group to try the place for wings I was raving about. Honestly the best wings I have ever had.

Wings works for me. That and scantily clad women.

The woman are Chefs job. Lol I can only promise good wings.

Guys I dont think I can be there, long story but Ishould finally have access to a place I have been trying to fish over next weekend. I'm sure you'll have another good event, more food for others if I am not there :)

Becker, Heading up Thursday night, back home Monday afternoon. Wife is heading to NYC so i get some more free time.

pcray1231 wrote:
You really should put a general meet up time on it. Doesn't have to be exact, you can have a range. But it'd suck for a newbie to show up, expecting someone to lead them and help them, and nobody's around.

With PP in, and Swattie, myself, and k-bob?? as maybe's, there's the potential to have a pretty strong brookie contingent that could split up a bunch of different ways and take quite a few newbies on an adventure. Depending on demand. But those groups probably ain't making lunch.

I am thinking between 7:30 and 8:00 am. Will be too cold to meet any earlier unless someone wants to get a fire going.

True, cray, if we go off for brookie fishing, we'll have to drive a pretty good ways in any one direction which means we'd miss lunch.

I think what we ought to do is all meet at the designated place first, and from there decide how we want to play it. I have a couple of general ideas (streams) we can target not far from the Poho, offering a mix of brown/brookie and we can still be back for lunch.

For a couple we may have to do a little exploring as I am not sure what the access rules are, but generally it's all open water.

Anyway I think one of the main goals of these things is for people to get to know each other so we should probably do what we can to make sure that component is part of our decision making.

What say you?

You talkin to me? I'm not in charge!

I'm still 50/50, maybe 60/40. Depends on the wife's work schedule.

If I can make it I'd be happy to help with whatever I can. If a group is interested in brookies, there are indeed good options relatively close by, and I'm willing to lead a group. Swattie is plenty qualified as well, so even if I can't make it we still have a brookie option for whoever wants to go that route. If I make it we could feasibly do 2 groups if demand is high enough.

If there's no demand and everyone wants to fish big water, that's fine too.

Either way, a morning meeting time is just a good idea, and 7:30-8:00 a.m. is fine by me.

Updated list. More are always welcome.

If you plan on hitting the Lehigh with me (Depending on flows), I would recommend Stonefly nymphs, Iso Nymphs, Buggers. Big Nymphs and streamers. If you are planning on doing the brookie thing, I would recommend a orange thingamabobber with a hook attached. :)

SNJChef
JayMason
Sroach
Swattie
Docsab
CathyG
PoconoPaul
Sbecker
PCray

7:30-8:00 Meet up at Pohopoco parking lot. Can discuss lunch and dinner options at that time. Guess it depends on the brookie guys. If you decide to come with me, we will be fishing the Lehigh and then grabbing lunch at The Fireline Hotel for wings. Formal group get together at 5:00 at RiverWalcks.

Whatever works. Looks like a small group, so I am sure we can all find reasonably good fishing all within a few miles of the meet up which just for clarification I believe is Mill Rd. down by Beltzville Dam.

pcray1231 wrote:
You talkin to me? I'm not in charge!

I'm still 50/50, maybe 60/40. Depends on the wife's work schedule.

If I can make it I'd be happy to help with whatever I can. If a group is interested in brookies, there are indeed good options relatively close by, and I'm willing to lead a group. Swattie is plenty qualified as well, so even if I can't make it we still have a brookie option for whoever wants to go that route. If I make it we could feasibly do 2 groups if demand is high enough.

If there's no demand and everyone wants to fish big water, that's fine too.

Either way, a morning meeting time is just a good idea, and 7:30-8:00 a.m. is fine by me.

Understand, was more general group thoughts.

I got kicked off the list?
I can be there at 7:30.

SBecker wrote:
Updated list. More are always welcome.

If you plan on hitting the Lehigh with me (Depending on flows), I would recommend Stonefly nymphs, Iso Nymphs, Buggers. Big Nymphs and streamers. If you are planning on doing the brookie thing, I would recommend a orange thingamabobber with a hook attached. :)

SNJChef
JayMason
Sroach
Swattie
Docsab
CathyG
PoconoPaul
Sbecker
PCray

7:30-8:00 Meet up at Pohopoco parking lot. Can discuss lunch and dinner options at that time. Guess it depends on the brookie guys. If you decide to come with me, we will be fishing the Lehigh and then grabbing lunch at The Fireline Hotel for wings. Formal group get together at 5:00 at RiverWalcks.

You're still on the list, I think Becker had a brain fart, and omitted you by accident. Happens a lot to kids his age :)

SNJChef
JayMason
Sroach
Swattie
Docsab
CathyG
PoconoPaul
Sbecker
PCray
Aducker

PoconoPaul wrote:
You're still on the list, I think Becker had a brain fart, and omitted you by accident. Happens a lot to kids his age :)

I think Shane is holding out for a batch of shrimp...lol

Looking forward to Saturday. I'm not picky about where to fish, I just want to catch some. I need work on my streamer fishing if that's doable.

It was a slow September(2 fish) and I'm getting antsy.

Back