Pocono Newbie Jam - Fall Edition

Yes! We will discuss meetup time as a group in the morning.

Any idea what the wading will be like? I'm not that brave when it comes to high, fast water.

Cathy, the wading of the Lehigh is tough. However, I will be happy to give you a hand. I will do my best to find you easier water to wade.

Does anybody want donuts? I will pick some up if anybody would like.

Also, I would recommend a 5 or 6wt to fish with. Big stones, princes, and Buggers should be some flies you have.

I am officially in, will see you guys in the morning.

I'll very likely have to back out of dinner/wings, though. Already taking a longer day than I probably should.

Well gf may be staying home with Daniel tomm depending how his night goes which means I'm in based on the night

Hell becker I am sore from fishing today already. After the lehigh tomorrow I will feel like an old man.

Ok I'm in but can't make it till 930 babysitter gets here at 8. Do I need to bring anything I have a 5wt and a 3wt

Uhhm, 5wt if you are fishing the Lehigh. If you are fishing brookies a 3wt. We will be on the water by then. If you want to give me a buzz on you way up, I can tell you where to park, and tell you which way to walk to find us. You won't find any of us at the original meet up location. Will pm you my #.

SNJChef wrote:
Hell becker I am sore from fishing today already. After the lehigh tomorrow I will feel like an old man.

You are better suited for a boat. Lol

Hey guys...pretty big bummer, but I won't be making it this morning. Long story short my wife and I went out to dinner last night and since then I haven't been able to venture more than a few feet from the porcelain...pretty sure food poisoning. Anyway, I called pcray this morning and let him know I won't be there. Feel pretty bad about bailing on the group as I was really looking forward to this but there's no way I can climb up the side of a mountain feeling like this. Have fun guys, hope everyone gets into some fish and take plenty of pics!

Had awesome time with Becker's group all missed and all landed fish

I had a great time fishing with pcray today on a brook trout stream. I'm a little sore from all the climbing but it was worth it.
It was nice meeting everyone in the morning.

Here's a brookie that docsab caught

Attachments

• IMAG0127-1.jpg
    IMAG0127-1.jpg
    385.3 KB · Views: 7
Way to go Doc!

I had a brown come to hand lost another Brown at my feet and hooked up 3 times at the spill way never saw what they where. But everyone was catching brookies there

Cathy had a smallmouth bass on the Lehigh and few brookies on the po. Shane had a few brookies and Brown on the po

I got there about six hours late and met the brook trout chasers ... Headed off to a tiny clear stream nearby and caught some nice brookies .... And if Becker ever tries to give you advice on a restaurant for chicken wings, take it!

I had a great time but I'm still tired.

Back