Paflyfish Jamboree 2016: May 20th - 22nd

JackM wrote:
By the way, speaking of mending a dry fly drift, have you ever mended by skittering your fly into position or just flipping a sine curve toward your offering and having the troot leap to grab it from the air or slash-take it as if you were fishing a streamer? ... Yeah, me neither.

Only with my Helios.

Jam bound in 5 mins. ETA at CG 6:00. Silver Tacoma in the tent section. The rest of my group isn't getting there until tomorrow...Brought my big tent...It's a two man job to set up, wouldn't mind a little help for a few mins if someone's around.

Guys -- I know commerce is generally discouraged, but do local shops ever come by with a few flies that are hatching? It would be nice if Bruce or the Feathered Hook guys saved me a potential drive to the shop.

mr7183 wrote:
Guys -- I know commerce is generally discouraged, but do local shops ever come by with a few flies that are hatching? It would be nice if Bruce or the Feathered Hook guys saved me a potential drive to the shop.

We have asked local fly shop proprietors to speak to us in the past but they don't have mechandise on hand. While it would be nice to flies and fly shop gear clse at hand, the local fly shops are reasonably close by.

I won't be able to make Friday evening but look forward to seeing y'all on Sat. morning.

mr7183 wrote:

And I wish I was handsome and had flowing hair.

I'm a friend of Bruce's. I asked him if he'd be able to make it. Unfortunately, he's the only one who runs the shop and he'll need to be there to keep the merchandise moving and giving tips to customers.

Got the campfire goin and listening to the Pens radio broadcast. Great they got a goal there in that 2nd period.

I'm here! It's a beautiful morning in the mountains.

I will be leaving at 5 30pm....my pops should be up there around 5ish. Anyone sees a 6'3" bald guy with a red beamer give him a hello and impart some knowledge. He is going for his first fish on a fly rod this weekend haha. Or just get a good drink ready for some fish stories......this one time at Jam camp...

Glad to hear from those that are already there. Leaving early on Friday and maybe hitting a stream on the way up. Keep us posted on hatches and conditions today.

You guys should have decent flows and pleasant weather instead of blown out conditions for a change. Should be hitting it just right. Knock 'em dead. Chomping at the bit for Saturday to get here.

Work's a ***** lately.....Probably won't get there until late Fri evening, hopefully I can get out of work in time to hit Penns on the way. Will head home Sun.

I'm heading up from Greensburg on Friday morning. Anyone want to meet at the church and fish the J? I check into my motel in State College at 3pm. Probably gonna hit Spring after.

Is someone going to keep an eye on the fire ring? Don't need any injuries. Lol

BTW, did get on stream report from Fishwagen...... Drakes have been spotted. No risers at last check in but the swallows were getting to fat to stay airborne.

BS report if about Penns, because the GDs carry swallows off more often than the other way around.

Great time this weekend! This might be one of the best fishing JAM's in a long time. Hope to see everyone at other gatherings before next year.

Norm - you can't beat your meat! That pork was amazing.

Agreed. Fishing was awesome. Jewbq was amazing. Great time all around.

Wednesday and Saturday were just off the charts for fishing.

I got Jack out on Spring today. He was banging the trouts on sulphur dries almost immediately. Great Jam! Thanks to all who participated.

Thanks for having me guys. I enjoyed meeting all of you. Thanks for the dry fly tips PCray. Looking forward to using my new bug spray. Safe for fly line and waders. haha.

Back