PAFF Annual Spring Jamboree 2010

ha ha!! not sure what the town of coburn has to offer in the way of "honeys"!! state college on the other hand....!!

It sure don't smell like honey, when he's cleaning you out. wouldn't be one of my favorite jobs!

PaulG

I had the pleasure of dealing with plumbing issues between my home and septic tank. Trust me, I will never begrudge the bill of a plumbing contractor.

oh my Moto, thats great I quess they didnt have those kinda trucks in Maine did they? haha, very true about the honeys in state college ( I have a few friends attending PennState)
Todd-

great pics!! it will be here soon!!! :-D

Did I see a little peek of sunshine in one of those pic's? The water levels look just about right for the Jam!

PaulG

All those undercuts on the second brookie stream we hit were fantastic. There were dozens of them under the trees and every one of them held fish! Can't wait to do it again! just about 7 more weeks!

I was up at the CG's last week, they must have had a rough winter up there. All the years I've been there, my camp area was in bad shape, lots of down limbs( big ones) and lots and lots of leaves, took a long time to clean things up.

Now we are ready for a good camping season and a great Jam. Im going up this weekend with my Son and Grandson, I'll be putting them to work, with whats left to do :)

PaulG

Ryan,

I hit up that stream a week or two ago for the first time this year. There's browns in there too!

Bowhunter, I don't mean to stear you away from the Feathered Hook, it truly is a great shop. I don't know the hours, though. FlyFishers Paradise in State College does an excellent mail order business and sells very good quality flies. They don't have their catalog online. You put your name in online and they'll send you the catalog. You can call and ask for it. Or you can just call and talk, and they'll help you decide what you want to get by what streams you plan to fish and when.

That time of year, sulfurs and march browns will dominate as far as hatches.

Just wondering should I grease up the mountain bike and bring it along. In my experience if I can put a few extra miles on, I sometimes find really good fishing and relative solitude.

I've never fished Penn's and I guess there is a path or railroad grade running along the stream for some length.

I'm just going to add mountainbike to my checklist and figure the rest out later.

I think you will find use for the mountain bike if it isn't a big hassle to bring it along. If nothing else, it will get you back to your tent from the pavillion and will help the parking situation.

A bike can be of use from Poe Paddy downstream to Weikert. From Coburn to Poe Paddy, there is a path, but there's a place where the path crosses that is bridgeless. I suppose you could wade across carrying the bike :)

Well I guess if the mountainbike is going the guitar will have to sit up front with me. I have an Ovation Applause that I might bring in case there is a shortage of guitars for Friday night.

I made my reservations and sent my money in, and I finally found my reel to my 7 weight, which might actually use on Penns if I can find that JayL guy and bartar some articulated streamers from him. Maybe I'll tie a bunch of "Jake's Heavy Worms", and some big weighted stoneflies before I go up.

I'm not worried about rain I took my tent to a party on an Island in Susky and it survived a long hard downpoor and thunderstorm.
Nice and dry, except near the opening from leaving it opened.

Jake,

I'll trade you a few streamers for some of those flies you just mentioned. I have too many.

I'm really thinking about making the trek northwest to partake in some camaraderie, fly fishing and meeting new friends... I'd probably pitch a tent (no pun intended) early Friday morning and fish into late Saturday afternoon/early evening.

I think the amount of experience and knowledge gained at this one event would be priceless.

You'll get an education, alright! Brother Seth will enlightened you. Come out and join the fun. A bunch of really different people with one thing in common. The fishing in the area isn't half bad, either.

I guess that kind of falls into the "catching fish while fishing is a bonus" category too... :-D

Back