PA Opening Day plans

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230330_223005_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20230330_223005_Facebook.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 7
So nobody remembers Chef-boy-r-dee pizza from the 70's.
Oh yeah, I clearly remember and consumed many Chef-boy-ar-dee pizzas in my early years!!

And … if I get any fishing in on opening day, it’ll probably be chasing carp on the fly. I’m not sure where any carp were stocked locally, but I’ll find ‘em!!

My family would usually make our own pizza with dough made from flour or potato. When I visited my grandparents in Dupont we would ocaisionally get cuts of pizza from a Beer Garden named Cebulas which was excellent.

Anyone ever hit Delucias in Raritan? Portnoy said it's worth driving 3 hours to get. Looks perfect

Western PA has Augustine's Frozen Pizza. It's just round bread coated with thick tomato "sauce" and sprinkled with some cheap Romano cheese. Folks love it. I don't understand the appeal.

It look much like the stuff in hooker's post. except rounder.

I was in Belgium and France, French Fries were served with mayo, not ketchup. Cool experience and I now like fries with mayo on occasion.

Do yourself a favor the next time you are near Carlisle and have dinner at Café Bruges. The "frites" with the available mayonnaise based sauces are twice fried in beef tallow so they are "literally to die for..."

THE BEST fries I ever ate in my life and the rest of the menu, especially the mussels are excellent!!

Last edited:
Do yourself a favor the next time you are near Carlisle and have dinner at Café Bruges The "frites" with the available mayonnaise based sauces are twice fried in beef tallow so they are "literally to die for..."

THE BEST fries I ever ate in my life and the rest of the menu, especially the mussels are excellent!!
Ive had those. they are quite tasty.

Well, the skies opened up BIG time at exactly 8:00AM here in the Philly burbs. Hope everyone is able to endure this wet opening day. Good luck out there, and be safe!

My cat just asked me to bring one home for him. Stockies lookout!

Nice sunny weather on this end of the state.
The high winds and thunderstorms forecast, are gonna hold off until this after noon now

Nice sunny weather on this end of the state.
The high winds and thunderstorms forecast, are gonna hold off until this after noon now
Agree. Beautiful morning in NW Pa.

A new meaning of burning down the house. They'd lock you up for that where I live. :)

Looks like a good deer hunting area though.

The easy way to get rid of building!

A new meaning of burning down the house. They'd lock you up for that where I live. :)

Looks like a good deer hunting area though.
Deer hunting is okay. The trout and smallmouth fishing though. 😍

Bunny time

Attachments

• IMG_20230401_143351404.jpg
    IMG_20230401_143351404.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 7
Back