PA Opening Day plans

You boys got a still in these woods?

Cue fiddles and banjo’s.

Last edited:
CB33AC4F AE77 40EE 8070 383DD04B0771

Had a great time on a packed creek in shitty weather, caught some nice stockers

I haven’t fished on the opening day for years however I usually go out to see what’s going on. Yesterday they were out in full force. It’s enjoyable watching people having a good time. Especially when one of those little kids hooks up. Makes me smile and brings back some good memories. Also, lots of good people just enjoying the outdoors.

Last edited:
Here is my opening day experience for this year. I had some serious storms here in the middle of the night Friday or early Saturday morning. Then the skies cleared and we had a beautiful sunny Saturday morning, But about mid-afternoon, another front came through with even more massive winds. While looking out the slider, a limb broke off of a walnut tree 75 feet away which smacked into the slider right in front of me.

After the storms passed, I tried to drive to the woods, but that is as far as I got. Several trees down and paths blocked.

Wind started picking up again, so I decided to make like a shepherd and get the flock out of there.

Then it started snowing.

Power was out for an hour or two, but not as long as it was for my neighbor. They had a handful of trees that uprooted and took out the power line between the transformer and their house with the tops across the road. I was going to clear the road, but since it wasn't in front of my property, I decided to head back to the house and take a nap.

I guess one could say that March came in like a lamb and went out like a bull elephant.

No apparent damage to any of the buildings, so all in all, it was a pretty good opening day.

Back