Newbie / Rookie Fly Tier's Swap

Thanks Stag, I appreciate it. With three kettles and a smoker, I get lot's of practice....
Spanish%20Chicken%20012-L.jpg

Rib%20Eye%204132013%20029-L.jpg

BB6%20003-L.jpg

Peru%20Chicken%20007-L.jpg

Sorry to hijack the thread.

Oh Shinola ... Dave usually handles the grilling @ the Fish-n-Chips .. if Rolf shows up we can have a grill off and no one cares who wins cause we just eat ... lol.

FWI .... I switched up my 2nd cause the WND Hot Spot Nymph was close to the Frenchie plus I received an order ysterday and I am now going to try to follow Charlie Craven's Basic Fly tying ....

You gents are going to be getting Charlie Craven ;-) Brassie with a Stagger twist lol

Recipe

Hook - Umpqua U201 Size-16
Thread - Black Ultra 0
Body- Ultra Wire Small
Dubbing - waspi Black Antron

Tied a bunch of these and I have to get my wire closer.

Tying size 16 is a 'lil' more challenging then 12 .... Don't know how u guys do 20 and smaller :pint:

20140405_213029_zpsbb8b7287.jpg

Niiiiice. Stags thats nice. I like that one. Rolf, that BBQ looks amazing and I could help you eat some of that if you need help.

nice flys stag, I have finished my first fly the olive wet,now starting the second fly a caddis larva.rolf too,nice tie I cant wait to fish with these flys they all look really good

Stagger_Lee wrote:
Oh Shinola ... Dave usually handles the grilling @ the Fish-n-Chips .. if Rolf shows up we can have a grill off and no one cares who wins cause we just eat ... lol.

Hey Andrew - I can step back and let a master educate me at the grill just as easy I I can learn from our instructors on the stream! :)

Rolf - Both flies and bbq look great!

Stagger - another nice looking tie!

In mail tomorrow or Friday ....

20140409_145221_zpse05054d0.jpg

Looking good Andrew.

How's everyone else doing? I haven't been at the desk in a while. Trying to exercise more and life in general has had the schedule jumping. On the up, or maybe it's the downside, I saw 252 on the scale again.

djs12354 wrote:
Looking good Andrew.

How's everyone else doing? I haven't been at the desk in a while. Trying to exercise more and life in general has had the schedule jumping. On the up, or maybe it's the downside, I saw 252 on the scale again.

Dave 252 is a good thing, keep it up/off.

Update on the status:

1. J55tyger88 Muskrat Nymph and Triple Threat Caddis - Done and Ready to Mail

2. Stagger_Lee Frenchie and WMD Hot Spot Nymph – Done and Ready to Mail

3. DJS12354 Chartreuse Midge and Bead-Head Soft Hackle (CDC & Elk to follow) Done and Ready to Mail

4. Rolf Soft Hackles Received Nice looking ties, too.

5. Mic Olive Wet Olive Wet tied and working on Caddis

6. PhiendWMD Olive Wooly Bugger and Sulphur Comparadun ? – One Down, One to go

7. Sipe Sipe’s Latex Stone

8. Martin0206 Loop Wing BWO Emerger and Mercer Caddis Pupa

9. PAgeologist Tan Elk Hair Caddis and Flashback Pheasant Tail Done and Ready to Mail

10. Pro4mance ?

11. Militades Halfback Nymph and Pink Squirrel – One Down, One to go
[/quote]

Goal: have all stoneflies ready to ship by Sunday evening. These kids are driving me nuts...looking forward to seeing everyone's ties.

Joy and I are empty-nesters, so it's peaceful here. Just need to motivate myself to sit down and tie.

I've been working on it. I just can't quite seen to get it right. I've probably cut 2 and a half dozen after not being happy with them. I plan on trying more tomorrow. If I can't get it in the next day or two I might have to switch to something else. I won't be sending something I'm not satisfied with.

Is it too late to get involved in this swap?

I tied 11 this Saturday, so I'll tie a couple more to kick to the organizer.

Hey guys, sorry life has been getting in the way, but I'm still in.
Been closing my store and liquidating my inventory.

I'll be tying a Half-Assed Fullback

Hook 1xl nymph hook
Thread : 6/0 Olive
Shellback and tail : Squirrel tail hairs with blond tips
Body : Peacock hurl, several strands twisted together, then wrapped for body
Rib : Small copper wire
Throat : Squirrel tail hairs with blond tips

May tie something else also, Norm

Country,

I have received two sets of flies already and I think more are on they way.

If it was just me I would say sure, but since there are others involved, you may want to sign on for the other swap in this thread -->Newbie Summer Pattern Fly Swap

If you want to swap a couple with me, just shoot a pm.

Dave

Did I miss the address for sending flies? I looked back a few pages but came up empty.

Ok thanks ill just get into the summer swap when it comes around.

Back