New Flies just off the vise

Wsender I go through about 10,000 hooks a year. So you could say that I tie a little bit. I think I may know a little about tying flies. haha

Well maybe when you get a few flies under your belt you can criticize. haha
Wsender I go through about 10,000 hooks a year. So you could say that I tie a little bit. I think I may know a little about tying flies. haha

... and there you go
the reason people give you shlt... your attitude

lets be honest... you tie a junk caddis pattern that wouldn't make the cut in ANY respectable fly shop bin

it doesn't matter that you tie 10, 10thousand, or 10million... its all the same and requires little/ no real skill... it'd be different if you we posting and engaging in the learning process... but instead in your naive way, you think you have it all figured out

wether its you claiming to "invent" flies and materials or posting 7 pictures of the same fly... its all a joke
you've been run off a list of forums for spam... it just so happens your not banned here... yet

you don't get under anyones skin... your threads (the ones that don't get deleted) are just an excuse to start cracking jokes

This is seriously pathetic. I do a lot of reading on this site and can say that I have learned a lot from a lot of the helpful people on this forum, but I can truly say that a thread like this makes me not even want to bother with with this site. Are we adults or are we in first graders? My 4 year old has more respect than some of you.

When Leteras started posting on here flooding the forum, I didn't agree with what he was doing, but he doesn't seem to be trying to push his flies anymore. As a new tier I enjoy seeing what other people tie. So what if they look the same - I tie variations of different flies and a lot of times its one variation more than another on a given day that the fish are keying on. So give the guy a freaking break. To say that he ties too far into the bend is one thing, its constructive criticism, and he should be able to take that. If he didn't want to hear peoples opinions, then he shouldn't post, but the constant BASHING IS RIDICULOUS.

I don't post very often, only when I feel like I have something to contribute to the forum (that is what it's all about), and all the negativity is NOT contributing!

Leteras wrote:

Dude, you asked people for input then get your panties in a twist when they tell you the material is too far down the shank...

How about something like "Thanks for the input. Maybe I'll change it." not "OMG DOOD learn how to tie flies! You're a dumb noob. I tie 9298347439238 flies a year so I know what I'm doing."

This life tip is free, learn how to eat humble pie.

I never said you were a noob you said that. You said your a noob and even you know that I went too far on the bend. Your opinion is fine but the way you came off sounded not like constructive criticism but more like you know everything. I am open to criticism if it is helpful. If I came off to harsh on anyone its just me busting balls.

Leteras wrote:
If I came off to harsh on anyone its just me busting balls.

May I suggest that you be more careful? Some people's may be more sensitive than you think...

Ramcatt so my flies aren't good enough to be in a fly shop? I guess they were only good enough to be Eastern Fly Fishing Magazine, Southwestern Fly Fishing Magazine and Kype Magazine. But who are they? They are only national fly fishing magazines. I don't want to brag but someone should knock you down a peg.

everybody chill

More importantly, who's daddy can beat up the other guy's daddy?

However, I don't care if you were in magazine, you've never lost a fish, and the sun rises and sets on Leteras' empire: you tie your crap way too far down on the hook. Period.

Also, crimp your barbs.

Leteras wrote:

Eastern Fly Fishing Magazine, Southwestern Fly Fishing Magazine and Kype Magazine. But who are they? They are only national fly fishing magazines.

Regional IMO. Lol.

I also tie a fly made of purely canadian bacon. Also for crimpimg the barbs never. haha

Leteras wrote:
I also tie a fly made of purely canadian bacon. Also for crimpimg the barbs never. haha

Ya, I can't see the purpose in debarbing the hook. Not exactly a c&r fishery.

I like pie a la mode

Leteras,

You wrote: "These flies just came off my vise let me know what you guys think of them."

Bashing aside, I think the majority of people including myself all agree that the material is tied too far down around the bend of the hook. You asked for imput and you got it. If you aren't ready for the possible response, don't ask the question. I don't go through 10,000 hooks a year but I've probably been fly fishing as long as you've been alive.

Becker, we've seen your belly and it's obvious you like pie..... a lot!

Wow,
I feel like I just wasted 15 minutes of my life reading this thread.

You mean the crack on Becker wasn't worth it? LOL

CatchingChrome wrote:
Wow,

Might I suggest a speed reading book or at least one that can get you up to average person speed?

jdaddy wrote:
CatchingChrome wrote:
Wow,

Might I suggest a speed reading book or at least one that can get you up to average person speed?

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=evelyn+wood&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=7845024157941752767&sa=X&ei=BRInTsX2JKbt0gGZyszHCg&ved=0CFAQ8wIwBA

I have a new fly I just came up with. It has thin strips of bacon wrapped up the hook. The collar is dubbed with scrambled eggs and the head is made out of buttered toast molded at the eye of the hook. I call it the mc bacon egger. It is used to catch trout in the early mornings before they have a chance to have a cup of coffee.

Back