New Flies just off the vise

pete41 wrote:
I have never lost a fish with them tied like this. That's just an excuse for guys not being able to control their fish
You use those little flies for steelhead,tarpon,salmon and other"Hard to control" fish found in Pennsylvania waters?
Impressive-but wouldn't a nymph have to rigor mortis to be in that position-just asking.

Am I missing something in my FF career Pete? Where are the tarpon in PA?????? lol

LRSA is stocking them in the Lehigh.

Am I missing something in my FF career Pete? Where are the tarpon in PA?????? lol
I was being facetious about not being able to control the 12" fish you will be targeting with the pattern.

He is talking about steelhead fishing with these. That's his game if you log onto his website. So in fact he will be targeting 25", 6lb + fish.

I was hoping it was sarcasm! lol

.. oh yeah

controling a 6+lb fish that is illegaly caught in trout run is quite the task

don't want that fight to go too long... someon might notice

Aaron_Vintage.jpg

Ramcatt,

If it helps at all, those fly photos are actual size. That's why he's never lost one when using them.

leteras threads are always chock full of fun.

Leteras I love your posts dude! Total sunshine on a cloudy day. I wish you all the best in your flossing adventures!

I'm casting my vote. MVP of the board.

Given that I am a newer tyer, what is the opinion on how far the tubing goes into the bend? I don't care about the posters flies specifically, I am asking for a standard for my own tying.

I always wrap my hooks with lead right up to the point. Never lost one yet.

oops

Tubing is for bike tires! Real flies have wings.

Steelies don't require wings unless you're in BC skating flies for them. BC, Erie.... same thing.

Steelhead will eat your car keys if you put them in front of their nose...and they're in the right mood.

by krayfish on 2011/7/18 15:42:55
Steelies don't require wings unless you're in BC skating flies for them.

explain?

Ramcatt wrote:
by krayfish on 2011/7/18 15:42:55
Steelies don't require wings unless you're in BC skating flies for them.

explain?

He was just being a jerk.

West Coast = runs of big wild fish during the late summer... skating flies works for them.

Erie = combat fishing with things that sparkle.

That's all I was saying and Jimmy is right... I'm a jerk

krayfish wrote:
West Coast = runs of big wild fish during the late summer... skating flies works for them.

Erie = combat fishing with things that sparkle.

That's all I was saying and Jimmy is right... I'm a jerk

Not just a jerk the whole jerkstore!

Hey Jimmy, the jerk store called.... they were out of you!

Attachments

• images[1].jpg
    images[1].jpg
    2 KB · Views: 5
Back