Liquid gold is coming...

Updated estimates.

IMG 8899

much needed rain. im glad this weekend is a wash out. getting even more sunday night. this weekend will be some projects around the house. one of which is to finally hang my peg board up in the man cave so i can hang all my fly tying material up instead of being in drawers.

Dear Board,

The rain in Fishing Creek Valley north of Harrisburg didn't amount to anything today. But, at least it didn't come in torrential downpours. The news last night said we are down 5 1/2" for the year. If we get 1 1/2" total through Monday we'll probably gain only about an inch on the deficit, if that.

But as long as the rain comes 1/2 to 3/4's of an inch a day it will have a chance to get into the ground where it is needed.

Regards,

Tim Murphy :)

much needed rain. im glad this weekend is a wash out. getting even more sunday night. this weekend will be some projects around the house. one of which is to finally hang my peg board up in the man cave so i can hang all my fly tying material up instead of being in drawers.

Attachments

• PXL_20220604_220334207.PHOTOSPHERE.jpg
    PXL_20220604_220334207.PHOTOSPHERE.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 50
Rather than get 4 in an hour, I'll take two inches over 4 days of slow soaking rain. Very happy with how this is going so far..... Until I start my lawn mower next time 😭

allot of the rain will be soaked up by the plants and trees. Nice to get a cleansing of the air from pollen.
Should be a very good fishing day today the hatches will occur over a longer time if the streams are not a muddy mess.

Need rain. Western Westmoreland Co could use more, glad to see a rainy forecast but not really the flakes flying on the ridge.

As mentioned above , was successful fishing to risers at Penns cause it was low last 2 weeks.

I know it's selfish but I always root for Penns to be blown out leading up to our May trip. I think the fish have been pounded pretty good due to low water. We will be in Ingleby at the last cabin (a friends) on the right heading upstream. It has a bench on the opposite side of the creek. Stop by and say hi if you are in the neighborhood.

My bird bath is full here in Hershey. Looks like a couple inches fell. Probably should hit one of the Spring Creeks close by!

My bird bath is full here in Hershey. Looks like a couple inches fell. Probably should hit one of the Spring Creeks close by!
Your in hershey! Me too. Yea spring creek wasn’t up too much much this AM but breeches seems to be climbing towards towards average flows for this time of year. sulfurs likely starting up in next 10 days id imagine, tan caddis already out there.

As a LL baseball coach, fields are a mess in Hershey. Got some rain last night. Guage says a little over an inch of rain so far in Hershey.

Drizzly day today then the real soaker comes tomorrow.

I know it's selfish but I always root for Penns to be blown out leading up to our May trip. I think the fish have been pounded pretty good due to low water. We will be in Ingleby at the last cabin (a friends) on the right heading upstream. It has a bench on the opposite side of the creek. Stop by and say hi if you are in the neighborhood.
Not selfish at all- what’s best for the fish is good for everyone.

I agree..I got home from work and only had a half an inch in the rain gauge so far. That is less than I was expecting.

I think Sunday is the wettest day for Central PA.
Your in hershey! Me too. Yea spring creek wasn’t up too much much this AM but breeches seems to be climbing towards towards average flows for this time of year. sulfurs likely starting up in next 10 days id imagine, tan caddis already out there.
There were reasonable numbers of sulphurs at Allenberry on Wednesday evening.

I think Sunday is the wettest day for Central PA.

There were reasonable numbers of sulphurs at Allenberry on Wednesday evening.
Nice! Dad is coming into town so it make things easy on him

Posted 30 April 2023 06:27
Hazleton Municipal Airport go 1.53” of rain between 02:35 and 06:15 this morning
Selinsgrove Airport got 1.45” of rain between 01:00 and 05:53 hours this morning.
Wilkes-Barre Airport got 1.21” of rain between 03:00 and 05:54 hours this morning.
Reedsville\Mifflin got 0.68” of rain between 00:55 and 05:55 hours this morning.
Altoona Airport got 0.62” of rain between 23:00 yesterday and 05:53 hours this morning.
State College\University Park Airport got 0.61” of rain between 02:15 yesterday and 05:53 this morning.
Harrisburg\Capital City Airport got 0.56” of rain between 03:00 and 05:56 this morning.
Johnstown/Cambria County Airport got 0.25” of rain between 22:54 yesterday and 05:56 this morning
Harrisburg Airport (MDT) go 0.43” of rain between 04:00 and 05:56 this morning.
Du Boas\Jefferson County airport got no measurable rain so far this morning.

Last edited:
At my house in Miff-Co my rain gauge reads 1" of rain overnight. I love it. I was pleasantly surprised. More supposed to be coming today ...

Getting there. Hopefully today brings some more!

343659675 1753915058397196 2984437464034822470 n

From what I'm hearing, today should produce the bigger rainfall amounts for most areas. Hopefully it includes the NC portion of the state.

Back