PaulG- Lasagna/ Venison Bologna

Chilli Competitors 

TimRobinson- Chilli
Bruno- Chilli
MattBoyer- Chilli/Kabobs?
NickyBoy- Chilli
David- Chilli

I'm in for the chili cook off as well

I'm in....i'll bring my "APPETITE" LOL. ;)
Seriously, have to check my recipie's for something off the hook!

Groove- got you down for the chilli.
Slackleader-I'll put you down as ? On what you are bringing

Updated list

Phish_On- Tenderloin/Smoked Salmon
Csoult- Dips
The_Sasquatch- Clam Dip
Wsender- Bacon Bourbon Jam
Freestoned123- Backstrap
Tiltaxp- Pulled Pork
Zenherper- Buffalo Chicken Dip
David- Oreos an Chipped Ham
Turkey- Bourbon
Swattie87- Sloppy Joes
Pcray1231- Kabobs?
Slackleader- ?

Chilli Competitors 

TimRobinson- Chilli
Bruno- Chilli
NickyBoy- Chilli
David- Chilli
Groove790- Chilli

i'm thinking a pot of gumbo!

I'm in with a couple humdred cookies. My wife loves me!

I can bring some kind of dessert. Won't bring brownies since they are already coming. Put me down for a cake or two. I might be in on the cook off too. I'll let you know on that one.

Phish - After discussing this with mooney (we're in the same cabin), you can add me to the chili cook-off.

I'll make it in our cabin, and bring it down to the pavillion.

What time is this going to happen Saturday night? Do we want to wait until after dark, or have it earlier?

H.A.

Heritage- ill put ya down for the chilli. I was thinkin we would prolly start Saturday nigh around dusk. I'm goin to be fishin brookie streams, so I will more then likely be back right at dusk. I have some cooking if my own todo. We can just add food the 'buffet' as people arrive throughout the evening.

Updates list

Phish_On- Tenderloin/Smoked Salmon
Csoult- Dips
The_Sasquatch- Clam Dip
Wsender- Bacon Bourbon Jam
Freestoned123- Backstrap
Tiltaxp- Pulled Pork
Zenherper- Buffalo Chicken Dip
David- Oreos an Chipped Ham
Turkey- Bourbon
Swattie87- Sloppy Joes
Pcray1231- Kabobs?
Slackleader- Gumbo
Delta_Dog- Cookies 
Mooney4- Cake

Chilli Competitors 

TimRobinson- Chilli
Bruno- Chilli
NickyBoy- Chilli
David- Chilli
Groove790- Chilli
Moony4/Heritage-Angler- Chilli

Heritage-Angler wrote:
What time is this going to happen Saturday night? Do we want to wait until after dark, or have it earlier?

H.A.

This is one of the two times a year I can fish from dawn til dark, so my chili will be arriving around 10:30-11:00 PM. I hope this works for everybody.

Boyer

I like the add to the buffet as we go idea Saturday evening. Have to figure folks will be getting back at different times, and we'll all be hungry when we get back I'm sure.

I'm hoping to hit some Brookie streams during the day, but get some evening time in on the bigger streams too. I'll be making the SJ's at home Thursday evening and will store in HD Tupperwares in the cooler for reheating in the crock pot on Saturday. If anyone's gonna be hanging around camp in the late afternoon and wants to start the crock pot early, that'd be fine too.

Also, I thought about how to reheat the chili best and have decided that all day in a crock pot will undoubtedly lead to grayish brown peppers and overall mushiness, then I realized that the primitive cabins have microwaves, so that will be the route I go. If anyone needs to borrow the microwave, it shouldn't take me much longer than 45 minutes to heat two gallons in the mike. ;-)

Boyer

Again I'll be there to help phish with whatever so if you would like us to start something for you just get with either of us Friday night.

I think chilli left in a crock pot on low will be fine. Might need a good stir once you get back to it, but I dont think it will break down that much.
The adding to the buffet is the only was I can think of to have this run semi smoothly. Me an John will be back at the campground early enough to start setting stuff up an getting the pavilion ready. A few extension cords an power strips, it will be fine.
I'll be binging an extra table along with some serving utensils, knifes,ect. Also I will have 2 grill. I'm gunna buy a bigger weber an I have my pocket weber, gunna smoke the salmon on that.

I saw that a few people said they would bring Webers, plus the grill at the pavilion (char broil, I believe) is huge, so I will probably leave both of my Webers at home, unless you think I should bring one.

Boyer

Boyer- its always better to have it an not need it, then to need it an not have it. That's my Zen statement for the day.

Phish_On wrote:
Boyer- its always better to have it an not need it, then to need it an not have it. That's my Zen statement for the day.

Heard and agreed to some extent, but it's a goodly chunk of equipment to haul if unnecessary, imho. Took my bass amp to play the Hard Rock in Pittsburgh last week and found out they had a house amp. Still kicking myself for that one. I'll try to get a feel for it as time gets closer, but if it's not essential it's staying home. I will definitely bring some charcoal, as I've been gifted four bags of Kingsford Competition Briquettes, and I'm more of a lump charcoal kinda guy. I use the bricks, just not for srs bzness type cooking. :)

Boyer

Phish - Your plan sounds like a good one.

I was planning on making two batches of chili anyways, so I'll make one for my cabin mates and keep it in the refrigerator for them to reheat in the microwave as they drift in from fishing.

I'll reheat the second batch to bring down to the pavillion when we get back from hitting whatever hatch is going on that evening.

Thanks for taking the lead in organizing the "food fest". With all this chili, I have visions of a "Blazing Saddles" type campfire scene at the pavillion. I'm also thinking the bath house is not going to be the place to visit on Sunday morning. :-o

Back