Jam Food '13

Bump

Bump

Also wings might be out. Haven't decided yet. Mainly cause I just check my head stash of tenderloin an salmon bellies. I got enough to feed a small army.

Phish_On wrote:
Bump

... just check my head stash of tenderloin an salmon bellies. I got enough to feed a small army.

Good luck with that. You'll be lucky if it lasts an hour.

I selflessly volunteer to serve the tenderloin to the attendees.

"One piece for you, one for me....." :-D

Heritage-Angler wrote:
Phish_On wrote:
Bump

... just check my head stash of tenderloin an salmon bellies. I got enough to feed a small army.

Good luck with that. You'll be lucky if it lasts an hour.

I selflessly volunteer to serve the tenderloin to the attendees.

"One piece for you, one for me....." :-D

Very true, with all the heathen fly fishermen theres gunna be there.

Bump

PaulG I am interested to meet you at the jam with you living in the "neighborhood." And yesterday and today I cut ny strips and tenderloin and added more to phish's stash. Its really rediculous. You will leave hating steak hahaha.

IdratherbePhishing wrote:
You will leave hating steak hahaha.

Doubtful

Well gone phishing ill bring you a bottle of cannoball sweet and tangy so you can just drink it right out the bottle.

I'll bring an IV bag and just main line it

yea, youll need one for overnight full of water too.

No need for sauce with this meat.

Phish_On,

I'll bring some assorted chunked up cheese (longhorn, Munster, cheddar, pepper jack, etc.). Also some Jalapeño, Pepperocini Peppers and hot mix veggies. As well as Some assorted crackers to create whatever you like. Just something to snack on.

dc

dc410 wrote:
Phish_On,

I'll bring some assorted chunked up cheese (longhorn, Munster, cheddar, pepper jack, etc.). Also some Jalapeño, Pepperocini Peppers and hot mix veggies. As well as Some assorted crackers to create whatever you like. Just something to snack on.

dc

Sounds good to me. Ill add ya to the list.

Bump

List is lookin a little sorry compared to last year. With all the people that "say" they're goin. List should be overflowing with food.
Freeloaders are frowned upon.

The list

~Phish_On-Tenderloin!!, Smoked Scottish Salmon,Wings
~lv2nuymph-Toscana Soup
~Squatch-Clam Dip
~Chaz-Margarita Salmon
~jdaddy-Grits
~Gone_Phishin-Buffalo Chicken Dip
~mooney4- Pickles
~PennypackFlyer- Ox Tail Soup
~pro4mance-Kosher Pulled Prok or Ribs??
~Delta_Dog-Jalapeño popper dip and cookies
~Dc410-assorted meats an cheeses

Phish_On wrote:
List is lookin a little sorry compared to last year. With all the people that "say" they're goin. List should be overflowing with food.

Is there some amount of Irish whiskey that will compensate for my lack of kitchen skill and help me avoid being labeled a freeloader?

Phish, I think maybe some people may be hesitant to put their name on the list because the thought of bringing enough food to feed 100 guys is expensive and no one wants to bring that much food.

No one is expected to bring enough to feed 100 people. It's a smorgasbord of things and as long as you bring a decent amount that can be shared, it's all good.

You can add me to the list of food. I'm going to grab a couple cases of 4/1 all beef franks and I can man the grill. I can provide dogs for the freeloaders so the rest of us can enjoy the tenderloin, salmon and ribs. I might even put out a jar for the hot dog fund.

I considered bringing the green chili this year again but it's too much work and I'm lazy. I'll think about bringing some cheese and coney sauce for the dogs but don't bank on that for now.

groove790 wrote:
Phish, I think maybe some people may be hesitant to put their name on the list because the thought of bringing enough food to feed 100 guys is expensive and no one wants to bring that much food.

No one is expected to bring enough to feed 100 people. It's a smorgasbord of things and as long as you bring a decent amount that can be shared, it's all good.

You can add me to the list of food. I'm going to grab a couple cases of 4/1 all beef franks and I can man the grill. I can provide dogs for the freeloaders so the rest of us can enjoy the tenderloin, salmon and ribs. I might even put out a jar for the hot dog fund.

I considered bringing the green chili this year again but it's too much work and I'm lazy. I'll think about bringing some cheese and coney sauce for the dogs but don't bank on that for now.

I understand what you are saying. And you are right. You dont have to bring enough to feed everyone. Just a little something. If you ask me, its not very fair for other people to bring food just to have it eaten by people who didn't bring anything. Called me old fashioned.

FrequentTyer wrote:
Phish_On wrote:

Is there some amount of Irish whiskey that will compensate for my lack of kitchen skill and help me avoid being labeled a freeloader?

Any amount will compensate. :-D

I will bring a tub of homemade spaghetti salad. Cold salad, much like macaroni salad only better.
Also, pizza burger mixture. Mixture spread on open buns, then toasted in an oven or grill. I enjoyed these in high school.

Back