Jam Food '13

Pro NOW ur talking my language. Love some pulled p and ribs!!!!

Were u at the gas station?

I gained 5 lbs reading it.

Will update the list Monday morning. Anyone else intrested please post up. Still got a good while till the jam, but would like to start getting some food an chilli competitors lined up.

The list

~Phish_On-Tenderloin!!, Smoked Scottish Salmon,Wings
~lv2nuymph-Toscana Soup
~Squatch-Clam Dip
~Chaz-Margarita Salmon
~jdaddy-Grits
~Gone_Phishin-Buffalo Chicken Dip
~mooney4- Pickles
~PennypackFlyer- Ox Tail Soup
~pro4mance-Kosher Pulled Prok or Ribs??
~Delta_Dog-Jalapeño popper dip and cookies

Ok guys I'm gunna bring a case if wings with me to the jam. What sauces does everyone like? I dont want to bring to many sauce. I was thinking two BBQ two hots an two 'dry rubs'. What do y'all think? An JackM I got you with the spicy without the sauce.

That'll work, and thanks from the bottom of my wing lovin heart.

Dang - gonna be some good eating! :)

This really sounds like a good time.
As a practical matter, we should insure that we have logistical capability. I don't know how many outlets there are at the pavilion but somebody should probably bring a power strip for all the crock pots etc. I think last year there were perhaps six or eight electric pots etc? There's plenty of table space. We have the use of a good sized gas grill but somebody might care to bring a hibachi or additional grill etc.
Just thinking out loud.

FI- I totally agree. Im gunna bring 2 of my webers an the turkey fryer is propane. I will also have a power strip, extra tabel, trash bags, plates, bowls, forks, knives, ect, ect. If anyone forgets anything, just ask me ill prolly have it.

Phish_On wrote:
1wt- my dad owns Teds bar and grill in Harrisburg. Yea I remember the deal we did at bass pro. I used the rod for a little while. One of the guides started to de laminate. I gave it to my buddy I work with to re apoxy. He fixes it for me an brought it back to work. I left it in my office overnight. I come in to work the next morning an the tip was broken into 4 pieces. Dunno how it happened. I have other rods to fill that void, so I dunno if I'm gunna call orvis to get it replaced or not. As far as food, everyone loves snacks. Chips, dips, pretzels, ect.

Phish_on are you talking about the Ted that had the bar on Second St., and now owns the one on rte 22. if so I know your Father very well.

PaulG

After reading this list of food that people are bring. It reminds me of, when we started these Jams we were luck if we got 20 or 25 people to come... Now look at it! I think it's great how the Jam has turned out!

PaulG

Who's bringing the ice???? :roll:

PaulG wrote:
Phish_On wrote:
1wt- my dad owns Teds bar and grill in Harrisburg. Yea I remember the deal we did at bass pro. I used the rod for a little while. One of the guides started to de laminate. I gave it to my buddy I work with to re apoxy. He fixes it for me an brought it back to work. I left it in my office overnight. I come in to work the next morning an the tip was broken into 4 pieces. Dunno how it happened. I have other rods to fill that void, so I dunno if I'm gunna call orvis to get it replaced or not. As far as food, everyone loves snacks. Chips, dips, pretzels, ect.

Phish_on are you talking about the Ted that had the bar on Second St., and now owns the one on rte 22. if so I know your Father very well.

PaulG

Paul, his dad bought the bar from Ted and kept the name. I always liked Ted. He's a good dude. On the Jam note, BTW, you bringing the pot this year Paul? Sorry, asking you that has become my annual thing and I couldn't help myself. :)

Boyer

PaulG, Boyer is correct. My dad bought Teds from Ted about 3 years ago. We have been doing really well. I work Monday-Wednesday 10-4 and friday-saturday 1-9. Stop by an say hello.

beginning of the week bump

The list

~Phish_On-Tenderloin!!, Smoked Scottish Salmon,Wings
~lv2nuymph-Toscana Soup
~Squatch-Clam Dip
~Chaz-Margarita Salmon
~jdaddy-Grits
~Gone_Phishin-Buffalo Chicken Dip
~mooney4- Pickles
~PennypackFlyer- Ox Tail Soup
~pro4mance-Kosher Pulled Prok or Ribs??
~Delta_Dog-Jalapeño popper dip and cookies

I'm going to wait awhile before I make a choice on what I'm going to bring, I'm sure whatever it is it will Delicious :)

PaulG

PaulG- Sounds good. Its still early yet, i hope we get a big turn out for this. Last year was great! Hope this year can be even better.

phish_on

The Jam has been growing ever year, the first one for the Jam and wedding had a good turnout was nice. After that first one we were luck to get 20 or 25 people, the last 5 or so it has really gotten big. Weather I'm able to fish or not I'm going to be there.

PaulG

Sounds good Paul.

Back