Jam Food '13

Maurice- Dont worry ill bring a couple of sauces from work. A bbq or 2 a hot and our Inferno. Dont recommend the inferno unless you are into really hot stuff. Ill also bring some dry rubs that we make. They got a little kick to um. Also if ya'll like Middelswarth BBQ chips, we have the rights from Middelswarth to use the seasoning they use on the chips on our wings. Its pretty good.

Heritage- Dont worry there will be Tenderloin also. Im gunna bring a bunch more then i did last year. I didnt think it would have gone so fast, but it did.

Phish_On wrote:
Heritage- Dont worry there will be Tenderloin also. Im gunna bring a bunch more then i did last year. I didnt think it would have gone so fast, but it did.

That tenderloin was awesome.....along with all the other chilis and such. I particularlyliked the gumbo and some beef soupy rice stuff. IIRC

I think 10-15lbs should do it this year. I only brought 5lbs last year. It was gone in the blink of an eye.

Phish_On wrote:
Maurice- Dont worry ill bring a couple of sauces from work. A bbq or 2 a hot and our Inferno. Dont recommend the inferno unless you are into really hot stuff. Ill also bring some dry rubs that we make. They got a little kick to um. Also if ya'll like Middelswarth BBQ chips, we have the rights from Middelswarth to use the seasoning they use on the chips on our wings. Its pretty good.

Dude get the rights to use their jalepeno chip seasoning! They are the best I have had, but they only sell them in small bags!

Sbecker- We have sampled all the other seasonings they have. Including the Jalapeño. They where all to salty. Except for the bbq. They use such a small amount on the chips. When you try to put that small of an amount on the wings you just cant taste the seasoning. You have to put a decent amount on the wings to get the flavor to come threw over the chicken.

You are correct, they are salty. Probably why I like them. Interesting though.

You would be surprised how little they actually put on the chips. Crazy small amounts for hundreds of thousands of chips. The BBQ seasonings on the wings is awesome. Ill be sure to bring some.

Phish_On wrote:
Wings anyone? My resturant is known for them

Phish,

I love wings!

What restaurant do you work at? I was probably there?

Remember last year when you purchased a 4wt Orvis fly rod from me? You met me at Bass Pro Shops in Harrisburg in the parking lot? ..... just like a drug deal switch? cash, no taxes! Do you still use that rod? I sold it to you for a song? I caught lots of trout with that wonderful rod?

I'm going to attend a "Jam" this year, but I'm not a chef! I could always buy some stuff........ if a chef like you cooks it?

Turkey fryer push ups and stump. Any doctors attending?

Grits here.

1wt- my dad owns Teds bar and grill in Harrisburg. Yea I remember the deal we did at bass pro. I used the rod for a little while. One of the guides started to de laminate. I gave it to my buddy I work with to re apoxy. He fixes it for me an brought it back to work. I left it in my office overnight. I come in to work the next morning an the tip was broken into 4 pieces. Dunno how it happened. I have other rods to fill that void, so I dunno if I'm gunna call orvis to get it replaced or not. As far as food, everyone loves snacks. Chips, dips, pretzels, ect.

If i can make it i will bring...................an appetite.

I'm in for buffalo chicken dip.

Any salmon bellies?

Since I am now retired I do not have to bring food correct? Would Homemade wine and cigars be ok? I might be able to dig up some recipes, as far as Chili we make at my house a iron steak and hot sausage chili or a chili on the smoker with venison and elk, got that one from a chef on Montana. Tonight Burgers on the grill, thanks for making me hungry guys.

Yes becker get a p/t gig at that place and steal the recipe, we can make money on them wings.

Phishin- you know it. I got more salmon bellies an tenderloin caps then I know what todo with.

I say we should all gather around the fryer and cook a frozen turkey. I know jacks in!

And H-a we actually talk about you eating the tenderloin. It was funny how you were walking, took a bite, and stopped dead in your tracks with the most serious look on your face. Then you grunted. Lol

just have all contestants have a number at each table per contestant and everyone eats a little sample and at the end pick your favorite number and the most wins

marcusmtch-we tossed the idea around last year. Of having a little bowl infront of each crockpot. You drop a fly in the bowl as your vote. The bowl with the most flies in it wins.

thats an even better option and more relative to the reason for being there. i really hope i am off that weekend ive never been to one and sure love chili

We will see how it falls together. Have to get some contenders first.

Back