Fly Swap Fall 2015

Gencon

Nice looking flies - Can't wait to fish them!

Thinking I will tie up Tim Cammisa's Jig Style Prince Nymph and (since my flies aren't up to the quality of the other tiers in this swap) I'll also send along a jig style mini-bugger.

Dave

Would any of you be willing to post a picture of my clousers if I emailed them a one. I cant post pics from my yak spot.All I can say is taste the rainbow.Ive tied 12 clousers in 12 different 3 color combinations.Dont no who will get what but i'm having fun.Iam pretty confident in a clouser no matter what color.

I think I am going to tie a down and dirty nymph that I am sure has been tied up before but I sort of just grabbed a few materials and threw it together. All I will say for now is that it is tied on a jig style hook and uses SLF Spikey squirrel dubbing. Pics will come this weekend.

Pabrookie, can you please PM me an address?

GenCon

GenCon wrote:
Pabrookie, can you please PM me an address?

GenCon

+1
Yep, we're all going to need that address. The sooner the better. Bowhunting is shortly going to consume a lot of time.

melvinp wrote:
Would any of you be willing to post a picture of my clousers if I emailed them a one. I cant post pics from my yak spot.All I can say is taste the rainbow.Ive tied 12 clousers in 12 different 3 color combinations.Dont no who will get what but i'm having fun.Iam pretty confident in a clouser no matter what color.

PM Sent

Pm sent thanks DJ

Here's the pic's for MelvinP

Nice looking ties!

Attachments

• MelClouser 1.JPG
    MelClouser 1.JPG
    45 KB · Views: 4
  • Melclouse 2.JPG
    Melclouse 2.JPG
    58.7 KB · Views: 2
Alright everyone I sent you all a PM with my address! Sorry for the wait, tests and homework have been getting the best of me....

pabrookie94,

Thanks for the address. Mine will be on the way to you tomorrow.

Clousers look great Melv

I made an update, I will be tying half Evil Olives and half Higas SOS patterns. More or less they are generally the same pattern to imitate blue winged olive nymphs/midges.

1. dsj12354-Bead Head TBD
2. LetortAngler- Evil Olive/Higas SOS
3. dc410- Sparrow Nymph
4. laszlo- Mohair Nymph
5. J55tyger88- foam cricket
6. Kill3ducks1deer- Red midge
7. Volksnurse- CDC and Elk
8. melvinp- Clouser Minnow
9. GenCon- TBD
10. tewart- white strymph
11. pmelle- CDC Caddis emerger
12. wzembik- Soft Hackle

LetortAngler wrote:
Clousers look great Melv

I made an update, I will be tying half Evil Olives and half Higas SOS patterns. More or less they are generally the same pattern to imitate blue winged olive nymphs/midges.

1. dsj12354-Bead Head TBD
2. LetortAngler- Evil Olive/Higas SOS
3. dc410- Sparrow Nymph
4. laszlo- Mohair Nymph
5. J55tyger88- foam cricket
6. Kill3ducks1deer- Red midge
7. Volksnurse- CDC and Elk
8. melvinp- Clouser Minnow
9. GenCon- Breadcrust nymph
10. tewart- white strymph
11. pmelle- CDC Caddis emerger
12. wzembik- Soft Hackle

I updated list as well./ My flys are done and will be in the mail shortly. PaBrookie94, thanks for hosting.

GenCon

Thanks for posting my clousers DJ They are the first pictures I have been able to get on this forum and I have been bouncing here for about 3 years.,Got the address brookie will mail them out tomarrow.

pabrookie94,

My flies are in the mail. You should see them on Friday, I expect. Thanks for hosting this swap. This will be a real interesting mix of patterns.

Brookie, with all these "packages" arriving to your mail center. Don't be surprised to hear a knock on the door and find drug sniffing dogs.

A dog would not want to stick his nose in one of those boxes.

Trust me guys I order enough fly tying stuff already to make them suspicious.....

On a rare day off in the middle of the week I fished four streams, Yellow Breeches (run),Letort, Mountain Creek, and Codorus. I caught four Browns, YB=1, MC=2,C=1, I only spook trout at Letort. Get this, I fished many flies, but ALL four trout were taken on the Mohair Nymph I'm tying.

laszlo wrote:
On a rare day off in the middle of the week I fished four streams, Yellow Breeches (run),Letort, Mountain Creek, and Codorus. I caught four Browns, YB=1, MC=2,C=1, I only spook trout at Letort. Get this, I fished many flies, but ALL four trout were taken on the Mohair Nymph I'm tying.

Nice, I 'm anxious to see it.

GenCon

That's what I like to hear lazlo. That's exactly what happened with the fly I am tying on my last steelhead trip.

Back