Catskill JAM 2011, August 12-14, 2011

I would be happy to bring my grill. Except, I don't have a truck to bring it in. Sorry.

FWIW, The Skeller is open *kinda* late and pretty damn good. But kinda pricey....

So when is everyone showing up? I'll be there sometime Friday, still trying to pin down a particular time, but definitely in time for the evening.

Paging gutcutter. I believe The Skeller may be the home of "the giant meatball" I've been told about.

Is that the nice looking place we saw?

I'll be in friday evening. Due to carpooling constraints, I may or may not be able to fit the grill. Considering buying a bunch of pizzas and refrigerating. Anyone remember of the capra has mini fridges?

jayL wrote:
Paging gutcutter. I believe The Skeller may be the home of "the giant meatball" I've been told about.

Is that the nice looking place we saw?

I'll be in friday evening. Due to carpooling constraints, I may or may not be able to fit the grill. Considering buying a bunch of pizzas and refrigerating. Anyone remember of the capra has mini fridges?

Definitely does, and microwaves, if I remember correctly.

The Skeller rocks. They have a nice big deck to sit on too, it's right by the West Branch Angler. I had a burger and ordered it medium, and it actually came out medium. I approved.

Will be up Friday late afternoon or evening.

Fishidiot wrote:
Will be up Friday late afternoon or evening.

Excellent, didn't realize you were making it up. Looking forward to seeing you again!

I will be up on Thursday morning. Anybody want to carpool? I live in northwestern Chester County. I am driving up alone but nobody thus far that I have spoken with lives close enough for me to carpool with. I don't mind driving but think it would be great to find someone to share tolls and gas with.

Will be up early Friday morning I believe. Question, anybody have an extra pair of chest waders for a big guy? My chest waders are getting repaired/replaced and I only have pants waders.

Simms G3, size L. You are free to try 'em on, but I won't get there until friday night.

They are the infamous aquaseal pair. They make a sound that disgusts jeff when you walk. I find it endearing.

Sounds fine. See if I can squeeze into them. They have to be bigger then his wifes.

Do yourself a favor and send me a text thursday evening or before 4pm friday. I forget things.

Will do

Becker, are you implying that you wore womens waders before?

Uh o Nickyboy! Now watch gonna do? Lmao

FWIW, West Branch Angler rents waders if you're in a pinch. I think $25/day but I'm sure if you do a multi-day rental they might hook you up.

Sbecker, it seems all the cool guys are doing it. Maybe you guys are on to something here. Hmmmm...

Hey Nick, just remember to call ahead at the WBA; their supply of women's waders is limited... ;-)

Jimmy, Jimmy, Jimmy. The Circle E is the place for me!

Jay and others, last years trip was after Labor Day and that when they start rolling up the streets at 9pm or earlier. During the summer months, the Blue Stone ($$$), Lydias ($$), Circle E ($) and Little Italy II ($) should all be open until 10-11pm. No worries. I kind of dig the pizza from Little Italy. Nick said the sub sucked but the pie was decent. I haven't heard from Troutmaster in a little while but he said he was coming and bringing his whoop a$$ kabobs. The Capra does have mini-fridge and micros. Don't forget to grab your free movie pass at the office when checking in. LOL. They should have all of mine from the last 6 yrs since I never picked them up.

Nick.... hint..... Becker needs waders and you have waders for sale. Hook it up brother. $$

Oh yeah... Becker I have a pair of brand new Frogtogg Anura waders in the box and unused. I will give you a good deal on them if your interested. They are mens xl waders. If your interested and make a reasonable offer they are yours.

Back