Catskill JAM 2011, August 12-14, 2011

Jay - I'm kinda iffy on this weekend, but if you get stuck for a roomie, I can easily come up. Which days are you there?

tl
les

610 656 3512

Les,

I appreciate that. I'm staying Friday and Saturday nights. I am sure I'll be able to work it out, but absolutely will give you a call if not.

Jay
I am in a room by myself, if you have ear plugs you are welcome to stay in my room.
Rick

RickinPa wrote:
Jay
I am in a room by myself, if you have ear plugs you are welcome to stay in my room.
Rick

Have you put up epic trip report yet? Can't wait to hear about those Atlantics.

So I've only been to the WBA up there. Are there other shops that have a wider assortment of tying supplies?

wsender wrote:
So I've only been to the WBA up there. Are there other shops that have a wider assortment of tying supplies?

There are other shops, but I can't really speak to their tying selection.

The DRC is a small shop. They may have supplies, but I can't imagine it's extensive, given the size.

BWO is a bigger shop, but I don't remember what their selection looked like.

Overall, I've found the shops of the area to be destination shops, rather than general supply shops.

I kinda figured that was going to be that case. Thought maybe I'd just try to kill two birds with one stone when I pick up some 12foot leaders.

I am bringing my maxima kit, if you'd rather tie them. I am sure afish will demonstrate the furling technique (which I attempted to do in the dark, 2.875 sheets to the wind last year).

Regarding the room, I will have an availability Friday night. Don's coming up saturday. If nobody wants it friday, I'll just take it on the chin or make him buy me beer.

I needed to pick up stuff for the BWO swap (good CDC, coastal deer hair, and turkey biot) so it's not a big deal, but maybe I'll whip out some flies.

I am headed up there tonight and staying at the Capra just for one night. I may run into a few of you if anyone else will be there tonight. I won't be fishing with you guys. I actually have another reason for being there tonight and I will then head down to Barryville, NY in the morning to float the river for smallies the rest of the weekend.

I hope you all have a great trip and maybe I will run into a few of you tonight.

Rob

Awesome.

The Perseid meteor shower will peak fri-sat night. Weather is calling for clear skies and low humidity.

I am obviously not a morning person, and look forward to knocking a few beers back and watching the sky burn with you guys.

Good luck to everyone. I wish I could make it down there this weekend and meet some of you guys. The fishing has been pretty good but tough at times, but that is just the way it should be this time of year there.

For those of you that like Hot Wings the Skellar Pub has some good ones.

jayL wrote:
Awesome.

The Perseid meteor shower will peak fri-sat night. Weather is calling for clear skies and low humidity.

I am obviously not a morning person, and look forward to knocking a few beers back and watching the sky burn with you guys.

That actually sound pretty cool.
P.s. don't forget my waders lol

Jay - sent you a PM. Just Friday is ok since I have fambly stuff Sunday.

re "Regarding the room, I will have an availability Friday night. Don's coming up saturday. If nobody wants it friday, I'll just take it on the chin or make him buy me beer."

tl
les

les is coming. it's totally on.

Halfway there, pretty pumped for my first time up there.

wsender wrote:
les is coming. it's totally on.

Said the minimalist....

An epithat.

Here lies Les Moore
Four slugs from a .44
No Les, No Moore

Carry on.....

Back