Catskill JAM 2011, August 12-14, 2011

ISO in his pie hole. Nada on streamers. Go figure

If you were thinking of joining us for the JAM but you had concerns about coming without a watercraft.... don't worry. Unless we get rain, you can wade anywhere in the river system.

Pray for rain, water releases and come join us.

We launched the boat last Sunday, dropped anchor at the launch, got out and caught fish. Go figure. You just never know where they'll be. Test shots with the new camera. Pray for rain.

Attachments

• Copy of Delaware 4-15-12.JPG
    Copy of Delaware 4-15-12.JPG
    251.3 KB · Views: 7
  • Copy of Delaware 4-15-12 (3).JPG
    Copy of Delaware 4-15-12 (3).JPG
    203.4 KB · Views: 3
I just got the discontinued Olympus stylus tough 8010. 14 meg and shoots hd video. Menu on it is awful.

Yes Krayfish, I agree.
I own few brands of cameras and handle a few and nothing like this one.

Menu on the Olympus Stylus 8000 or 8010 Tough is not very intuitive. It is “kind” of double and it is a bit confusing. Olympus creates 2 menus on the camera.

One menu tries to simplify the settings with example of pictures like night, portraits, night shoots, cuisine (believe it? - call it cuisine!) and more. Two menus, the one is not enough???
Than they create another menu with icons on the left and on the bottom (why…?) another double menu, and more. I’m never convinced when quickly changing the settings and when I’m lending the trout, on a slippery bottom creek with freezing hands if it NOT overrides the previous menu I already set up!
Anyway, I keep the camera becouse they call it Tough and takes underwater pics.
Sounds promising….
The most interesting fact is: the setting ring on the right with the tiny icons showing the camera settings tear off and disappear after a year of using it, so I guessing my settings!!!

Have happy settings on Olympus Tough 8000 series
(a little b…ching doesn’t hurt…) :roll:

Some of the camera underwater shoots you can see in the final short here.

BTW Andy, Next week is a go correct? Mini Catskills get together?

I've been dancing since the rain. I'll be there w/ Josh, Brandon, Dave and maybe a few others. I heard that Jersey George is dusting off the pontoon.

Finally got some flows. It was getting very iffy there for a while. Luckily the temps stayed down. The rivers will probably drop way down again by the time you get there but we should hit it pretty much in the sweet spot. March Browns should be in full swing too.

Back