Catskill JAM 2011, August 12-14, 2011

Kray.

When I try to play this video, this message appears:

"This video contains content from EMI, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.
Sorry about that."

lol

At least you got the "Sorry about that." I didn't.

Did Andy leave the country?

Was he deported?

Do we need to raise bail money? :lol:

I had to change the music to country but it seems to be working. I'm not sure why the resolution is so poor but some of the photos are amazing.

Simply awesome, Andy. I can't wait for next year!

Very nice. Well done Andy, with the whole shabang!

I should have commented earlier but I guess I waiting for the Movie. Haha.

awesome video!!! I cannot wait till I can make it out to a Jam

Thanks for the vid. Looks like a definite visit in the future.

Maurice wrote:
Very nice. Well done Andy, with the whole shabang!

I should have commented earlier but I guess I waiting for the Movie. Haha.

You know what The Movie did for FF. Imagine what Andys movie does for the D!

Good job with the video Andy! That is some great work.

Again, I want to thank everyone that came to the JAM and got in the raffle. Sherri from the Friends of the Upper Delaware River group called me yesterday and was giddy about the donation. She will be sending FUDR window stickers for everyone's car. If I'm fishing with you in October, I'll see that you get yours or you can send a PM with your address and I'll mail them out.

Thanks.
Andy

Nothing like a happy ending.

kray,

When are you planning on going up again in October?

The original thread started as.... August 12-14 or October 6-8. More people wanted August so that's what we did. There is a small group that couldn't make those dates and we were doing an ultra micro-mini jam on 10/6, 10/7, 10/8 & 10/9. The flows may be a little high if they are still dumping the lakes out but the temps everywhere should be fine. A little nymphing and a little streamer fishing. Seeing if we can nab a few pre-spawn whoppers that are trying to fatten up for the winter. I think Jdaddy, me, my buddy Josh, Troutmaster, Sbecker, Esopusguy and a few others may give it a go.

Beckers gonna need me to be net boy for him... you too andy?

I've seen you net and it scares me. LOL.

Nickyboy wrote:
Beckers gonna need me to be net boy for him... you too andy?

Are you insinuating that you are not going to catch any fish, but i will be?

You are a scary net man though LOL

I am looking forward to this trip immensely after this month. I just keep telling myself October Caddis!!!!

Update on October trip....

Things are still a little 'iffy'. In another week or so we should have a better idea of flows. If the rivers stay at the current release rates, wading will be ruled out and a boat will be needed to fish unless you want to hit some small brookie streams or the Beaverkill. Below you will find the current report from the DRC and Coz. If you need a boat, I've listed 2 in the 'swap' thread.

BRRRRR! It was in the 40s this morning when we went to get our coffee –looks to barely get above 60 today! Great weather for keeping the water cool and the fish / bugs active! We have two boats going out today,so expect a full report of their outing tomorrow morning!

Hatches:

Isonychia bicolor –Iso/Slate Drake #12-2XL

Ephemerella dorothea –Sulphur- #16/18/20

Stenonema sp. - Light Cahill #12-#14

Ephemerella deficiens- Blue Wing Olive #14

Hydropsyche sp. –Tan Caddis –#16-#18

Emphemerella invaria - Light Cahill –#12

Brachycentrus sp. (Dark Grannom –Charcoal) #16- #18

Pseudocloeon - Little BWO’s- #22-#26

FLOWS:
West Branch at Stilesville, NY 2,050 cfs @ 59º
West Branch at Hale Eddy,NY 2,360 cfs @ 54º
East Branch at Harvard,NY 1,520 cfs @ 50º
East Branch at Fish’s Eddy,NY 3,110 cfs @ 51º
Mainstem at Lordville,NY 5,380 cfs @ 54º
Beaverkill at Cooks Falls,NY 666 cfs @ N/A
Cannonsville Reservoir Level &Release OVER 100% –1,500 CFS release &2,200 Spilling

--------------------------------------------------------------------

DAILY RIVER CONDITIONS AND FISHING REPORT
9/16/11

FISHING IS WAS ON FIRE YESTERDAY with overcast skies and light drizzel. Streamers, streamers, streamers!!! Lots of fish!

Water levels continue to drop and clear on all branches. We are seeing about a 500 CFS drop each day on the West and Upper East. Big East and Main about 1000CFS per day. Fishing is by boat only on all branches. Cannonsville will continue to spill for several more days, Pepacton should stop spilling Friday or Sat. Lots of big browns taken on Streamers along the banks, huge schools of alewife came over the dam at Cannonsville. Upper East and West are in good boating shape, Main is still a bit high for the average boater. Big East is not bad for boating but with caution.

Release from Cannonsville is 1501 CFS to reduce the reservoir level to below 90% as per the FFMP . Reservoirs are full and water releases bumped up on the upper East and West branches to reduce the reservoir level untill below 90 %. This will give us lots of cold water for the month of Sept.

Water temps are staying in the low 50's to low 60's as a result of the cold evenings and mornings the past two days. Air temps in the mid 50's today, additionally as spillage/overflow decreases so will the water temperatures. We are seeing this already on Little East and Upper West.

What to look for - Reports of trout feeding on alewife, blitzing style rises along the banks. Several fish in the 4 to 7 # range taken.

Yes Jay, they said it was "on fire". LMAO

Back