Carp Swap 2015

Sets are organized and ready to mail. I'm still one short, but these will mail by early next week one way or the other.

Attachments

• swapflies.jpg
    swapflies.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 4
Those look like some good carp treats right there

Wow that looks like a great collection! Now I just need to find someone patient enough to teach me the finer points of carp fishing ;-)
Mike.

Looking good Joe.
Frequent tyer- We live close and I wouldn't mind helping you catch one

Can't wait!

Any update on status of flies?

drumat26 wrote:
Any update on status of flies?

We came up one set short, so everyone will get one of their own flies back.

They'll go in the mail tomorrow.

Awesome!!!! Thanks! Can't wait to get out and try all these patterns!

Well that is good news since I didn't tie any for myself . Can't wait to add these morsels to my carp box.

Flies are in the mail, so keep your eyes out.

Thanks to everyone for participating! I know I learned a bunch about carp flies in the process. I think you'll enjoy the assortment.

Hoping to get pics up in the next couple nights.

Got the flies today!!!! Thanks J for organizing the swap and all the work you did!
Owe you a beer (or several)...

Got mine today Great ties everyone they look awesome. I went back thru and realized I didn't post the recipes or put a tag on the flies. Will post recipes tomorrow as I have to leave for my son's hockey tryout. Norm
Thanks J for hosting

Got my flies as well and they look awesome. Thanks again everyone and J for organizing.

My flies arrived today, and they are all fantastic! Thank all for a great swap, and thank you Joe for hosting.
Mike.

My package arrived empty with a perfect cut (with scissors or razor?) directly down the middle of the letter. My assumption is that someone in the process of delivery felt the package and thought that it contained jewelry or something valuable and thought they would help themselves to it. I am sure the flies were awesome and it's a real bummer that I wont get to see them. Next time I am going to use a small box with extra tape.

^^

I know we already talked about it, but this is such a bummer...serious crackhead move (not that I should be incredibly surprised). I know I've got a few extra of mine for when we do meet up to fish.

Hoping everyone else's makes it safely!

I got mind in the mail. Great flies guys. Now if i could only find some carp to show them to.

Nick, that really sucks. I propose that since we all have an extra fly from the swap that was sent back to us, we all send that fly to Nick. If you PM me your address i'd be happy to drop mine in the mail.

Great flies guys, im really excited to fish them. Joe thanks again for putting this on it was a good time.
NickR sorry to hear that man, Ill gladly you send you the extra one if you'd like

Nick contact the post office and report it . I'll mail you the extra fly I have . Great flies everyone including yours Joe thanks for hosting. I plan on posting a pick of a carp that I caught on one of these morsels this summer on this thread.

Nick, sorry hear about what happened. I would also be happy to send my fly through to you if you are interested just send me your address.

I got my flies today. That is a very impressive collection of carp flies. Nice job by everybody involved. Thanks again Joe for all of your work in pulling it off. I was also thinking along the lines of keeping this thread going with - Part 2 - the results of the Carp Swap 2015. I sometimes like to set little goals for myself. I am thinking it would be cool to take a carp on each one of the flies from the swap this upcoming season. It may not be the easiest thing to do but is probably obtainable. I hope to get started soon. I haven't seen any carp moving into the areas where I usually fish for them yet but I have been out scoutin'. Should start seeing some within the next week or two, hopefully. Good luck with your carpin'!

Back