Carp Swap 2015

Fredrick wrote:
I plan on posting a pick of a carp that I caught on one of these morsels this summer on this thread.

Please do! Fish pics only make these threads better. Speaking of pics, I haven't forgotten to post the fly pics...just gotta sit down and actually do it.

That will be great Joe. I am trying to put together some documentation of these patterns. A photo matched up with some of the material lists that were presented earlier in the thread by the tiers will be great to be able to tie more of these patterns as needed. I always hate to even fish a fly before I have that stuff in place when I only have one of a particular fly. Thanks.

Flies have arrived and are in my box. Can't wait to land my first carp on one of these!

I can't wait to see the fish pics :)
Nick, I'll gladly send a replacement fly if you send an address. If any of the swappers are coming to the Newbie Jam next Sunday and want to drop off a fly I can add it to mine to save postage.
Mike.

If you guys send me the extras that would be awesome! I will PM those of you who offered. Thanks!

Absolutely!

NickR wrote:
If you guys send me the extras that would be awesome! I will PM those of you who offered. Thanks!

Nick send me your address and I'll get them to you.

Never mind sorry about that ill send it when i get back for Florida

NickR I sent you a pm!!

The carp box is looking good with all of these new weapons. I have been spending a little time tying up some extras of some of them. They are all really great carp ties. I have been intrigued with FrequentTyer's tie of the Lafontaine Bristle Leech. This pattern just looks like a carp catching machine to me. I didn't have any of the natural grizzly crosscut rabbit strips so I tied up three other versions of it using all of the colors of crosscut rabbit strips that I had on hand (black, olive and orange). I think that they will all fish well for carp. I can't wait to get my first shot at a carp this season. Mike's tie of the original LaFontaine Bristle Leech is going to be the fly to get the nod on opening day. I have been scouting for them over the past week or so and haven't located any of them yet. The water is still a bit cold. However, it is my experience that they will show up in the same old locations virtually overnight as the water warms to a certain point. Gettin' pumped!

Attachments

• Bristle Leeches 001.JPG
    Bristle Leeches 001.JPG
    46.7 KB · Views: 2
They look great John. Can't wait to see one of those in a carp's mouth :)

Hey gents! Thanks to those of you who sent me the extra patterns. Much appreciated!

Nick I forgot to send mine out, will do asap.

Thanks pal!

In case anybody is interested I did a short video on tying the Hydra. It is for the pattern I sent in for the carp swap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cognNzI1Gsw

Hey Jay I don't think your fly works :)
I missed another one on it too
Nice ty

Attachments

• Carp on the fly with carp swap fly.PNG
    Carp on the fly with carp swap fly.PNG
    116.8 KB · Views: 1
Nice job, Cody! I think it would be cool if we could post up some serious carpage photos of at least one carp taken with every one of the patterns tied in the 2015 carp swap. Heck, we already got one knocked off the list. Let's get after 'em!

Back