Annual Spring Jamboree - May 17-19, 2013 - Seven Mountains Campground

For the mods/organizers. Went through this thread and the food thread.

The count for those who have personally responded that they are coming. Plus their verifications of others that are coming (when mentioned by name).

Maybes:

Plus a few non-specific indications of others, such as "and crew".

I'd assume there's some that haven't chimed in, and others who will decide to come last minute. I'd guess 80+ on Saturday night, at a minimum.

I included my own party. For the record, I am coming and bringing at least 1, Scott, who is not a member of the forum but has been at past jams. His son is a maybe, who has also been to a jam before. We will be tenting. Timing either Wednesday night-Sunday or Friday night-Tuesday, still deciding.

Plans for me are a maybe Thursday night and in for sure on Friday and Saturday nights. I have a new big coffee urn for us to be using this year!!

Just make sure someone brings the coffee! Had everything to make it, except the coffee last year lol.

I'll have some coffee, gotta have it in the morn.

turkey wrote:
David wrote:
I am officially out... I'll have to send some chili up with Bruno (although I'm not sending the IC amber!)

Is this a trick again? You said you were out last year too. I expect to see the school students van pulling in to 7 Mtns on Saturday.

I wish...Friday sarah softball... sat. both horseback riding, 2 soccer games and brenna running plus softball game... sunday I have a softball game as does brenna.
Just letting you know what you have in front of you in 7-10 years!
However, I am very proud I got to run for the first time with brenna in the Pittsburgh Marathon 5k (we raised over $100 for North Side Common Ministries).

Attachments

• 130.JPG
    130.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 5
I'll have my coffee pot too. Whoever is bringing coffee needs to remember that you need a lot more for a 40 cup perk than you might think. We could go through 2 full standard size folgers cans per day.

A nice touch would be a coffee thermos or a couple. Coffee can be brewed by various methods and stored while more is brewed.

If I'm able to come I will bring mt pot and coffee, I'will know tomorrow ( Friday) if I'm able to make it.

PaulG

Hope you can make it Paul.

David,

Looks like you should have plenty of time to squeeze us in!! Sorry you cannot make. Hope to catch up with you soon.

Good luck

David wrote:
I wish...Friday sarah softball... sat. both horseback riding, 2 soccer games and brenna running plus softball game... sunday I have a softball game as does brenna.
Just letting you know what you have in front of you in 7-10 years!
However, I am very proud I got to run for the first time with brenna in the Pittsburgh Marathon 5k

Awesome! That is so cool.

We really got pounded with heavy rain and storms here last night. The kind of deluge that usually hits during the jamboree. Hopefully, it's all over for awhile - and we have nice weather next weekend.

Maybe I missed it somewhere, but I don't recall seeing anything about a speaker for friday night.
Several of my buddies attended last years jam, and really enjoyed troutberts talk. And they've been asking me if anyone is scheduled for this year

It's not over yet. Central PA should get out of the rain sometime later today or tonight. Then it's over, till at least probably Wednesday/Thursday. What Wed. and Thurs look like is still a little questionable, but the trend is towards less, maybe a scattered t-storm or two.

But for last night's round one, FWIW, here are the rainfall totals. Looks like the J got it a little worse than the others. Not as much rain as originally forecast, we'll see what it looks like later today.

Attachments

• round 1.jpg
    round 1.jpg
    327.3 KB · Views: 4
They all look like they'll be fishable baring another major storm

Yeah, they got more today, but it should be pretty much over now. It's gonna be dry until Wednesday at least.

accuweather shows only a small chance of a shower Wednesday, I think it's gonna be some great fishing!

http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=spring mills, Pa
Try this one . GG

Just want to say hello for the first time! I'll be attending the jamboree this weekend and hope to be able to replace a cyber howdy with a smile and a few handshakes. Wife and I have Cabin and hoping some rising fish. ;)

Back