Annual Spring Jamboree - May 17-19, 2013 - Seven Mountains Campground

Pontus wrote:
Another first time jammer here. Couldn't have asked for a better way to spend my birthday weekend. Tons of thanks to everyone that helped make it so great.

Hope you had a safe trip back to MD. Did you make it to the little j? We hit a sweet brookie stream on the way home.

I actually fished a different section of Spring with Maurice, Bill (dryflyguy), and Phil C. I had to leave just as it looked like the fishing was about to explode, but it was a good wrap up on the weekend for sure.

Picture of the year... there were a few bugs at the JAM.

Attachments

• DSCF2161.JPG
    DSCF2161.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 5
few of my catches from spring creek during the JAM...thought I'd add them

Attachments

• spring creek 1.jpg
    spring creek 1.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 6
  • spring creek 2.jpg
    spring creek 2.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 5
  • spring creek 3.jpg
    spring creek 3.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 5
Of course the weather was great, bugs hatching everywhere, and fish rising to eat them...happens every time I'm not there :-(
Glad everyone had a good time.
peace-tony c.

tocar wrote:
Of course the weather was great, bugs hatching everywhere, and fish rising to eat them...happens every time I'm not there :-(
Glad everyone had a good time.
peace-tony c.

i feel your pain T.

It was a great time and some fantastic fishing. The Saturday night event was a lot of fun, I just wish I could have stayed awake beyond 1:30. It will not be easy to go back to work tomorrow!
Mike.

The jam was as good as I knew it would be, and better than I'd hoped. What an incredible event. So much fishing, conversation, eating, drinking, and the bugs were intense. Couldn't have paid for a better weekend, epic event...

Awesome weekend! Thanks to Dave and all the mods for a great event. With stream conditions being about perfect, tons of fish and incredible hatches, who could ask for more. It was my first jam and I met lots of new friends and managed to catch a few of those beautiful wild brownies. Caught fish on dries, emergers, soft hackles and nymphs. March Browns, gray fox, sulphurs, caddis, craneflies, midges. Wow! What an education! Thanks again to all involved in the organization of the event. Well done!

Wow what a great weekend. So much to talk about and will get a blog post up shortly on my recap. A lot of fun catching up with everyone that could make it.

Awesome weather and incredible hatches!!

I posted up some fist photos on Facebook here. Please feel free to tag. Looking forward to your thoughts.

Thanks again!!

Attachments

• photo copy 2.jpg
    photo copy 2.jpg
    491.5 KB · Views: 5
What an amazing weekend all around.

Great time!! Best fishing weekend for the Jam I can recall. Lotsa bugs, lotsa fish and BIG fish on nymphs and dries. Couldn't ask for more!

Fantastic jam. Was there from Wednesday afternoon through Sunday, and the fishing was great through it all. Our worst day was actually Sat, but that still wasn't all that bad.

Picture slideshow is HERE

I'm gonna have to get away from photobucket, that slideshow thingy sucks these days and cuts off all your pictures. Hit alt-enter and don't touch the mouse for a while and it gets a little better. I'll upload some to the board site when I get time. In the meantime, here's the most important pic, which was cut off horribly in that string.

Pontus learning what central PA is all about. :) I was trying to teach him the "big fish pose", but we have some work to do in that regard. Nonetheless, we have the most difficult part of it here, the big fish!!!!

Attachments

• Pontus.jpg
    Pontus.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 5
Man I must have hit all the wrong streams at the wrong time. Because I did not see bugs like ryguy's picture at all. Still saw some and had great days fishing.

Amazing. Wow. Incredible. I don't know what adjective to use to describe the jam. I made it up Thursday and fished straight through yesterday. Bugs. Big fish. Rising fish. Cold beer. Friends. Fish stories and lies. It was all that it was supposed to be and more...

I really like the photo Ryan put up except for the fact it looks like the bugs were quite bad. Hope you had plenty of OFF in the vest.

Holy hell is that a hatch!! Looks like someone might have to make a suicide run after work in the next day or so.

Only made it out for a breif stint but still had a great time.
It was good to meet some more of you guys and catch up with people that I knew...
I love getting out to that area, and never seem to have enough time there.
Thanks to the Mods and participants for making this thing work out so well.

Had a great time again this year. Thanks to the mods and organizers for everything. We struggled a bit, but still caught fish on the little freestoners during the day, but the evening hatches on the big limestoners were dynamite. Tons of bugs, tons of fish, and some nice sized fish too. We were up Thursday night and stayed until Sunday. Had a late night on Thursday, so we turned in early (relatively anyway) Friday, but had a great time up at the pavilion Saturday night hanging out with friends from fishing outings past and putting a couple new faces to PAFF names too.

A few pics from the weekend:
(1) - Mifflin County freestoner Brown from Friday morning.
(2) - Rattler on Penns. Funny thing was we saw the snake swimming from the east bank to the west bank right towards two guys fishing. At first I assumed Northern Water Snake, but after the commotion near the bank when it got close to them we decided to go over for a closer look. Was probably between 3 and 3.5 feet.
(3) - Penns Creek Brown
(4) - Upstream shot of the run we worked on Spring for the Sulphurs.
(5) - Spring Creek Brown

Attachments

• 2013 PAFF JAM (1).jpg
    2013 PAFF JAM (1).jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 5
  • 2013 PAFF JAM (2).jpg
    2013 PAFF JAM (2).jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 5
  • 2013 PAFF JAM (3).jpg
    2013 PAFF JAM (3).jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 5
  • 2013 PAFF JAM (4).jpg
    2013 PAFF JAM (4).jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 4
  • 2013 PAFF JAM (5).jpg
    2013 PAFF JAM (5).jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 4
I will say that I saw a hell of alot of snakes on spring! Place is crawling with them.

Back