2nd Annual Sandy Hook Jam 11-11-12 Be Ready

Thanks guys, I am going to try to make it.

Becker, I've got plenty of flies and two baskets that I made so I'll bring both regardless.

If you decide to make one, I'll suggest trying to find a basket that isn't super brittle. I ruined a couple while drilling until I found a good one. Other than that, it was a super easy project.

And if all else fails, just ask Fred to borrow his :cool:

SBecker wrote:
Thanks guys, I am going to try to make it.

I won't believe it till I see you with sand on your boots .

I will believe you are not a legal dwarf, when you stop sleeping in your clothes drawer.

I will be over for Saturday and Sunday.
Meet you guys in the parking lot at the Hook
5am l guess . Have a room at the Fairbanks for Sat. Night

I will be staying Friday to Tuesday night at the Fairbanks . Not sure if some of you are aware but the Ocean is in the front of the Hotel and the Navesink river is in the back so I Plan on hitting both of them at some point for some night fishing . Plus a mile south starts jetty country . So the fishing opportunities are almost endless :-D

that smile at the end of your post says it all !!!!!!

Anyone want to split a room Friday night? I'm trying to decide if I'm going to come up Friday after work or drive up early Saturday.

Are newbs welcome? I'd love to wet some lines with you guys but I haven't fly fished the salt stuff yet. Been tying up a bunch of flies to get ready though. Is the JAM all weekend or just the 11th? I'm good for a day, either the 10th or the 11th.

All are welcome Evofly there will be plenty of anglers to learn from at the Salt Jam . Allot of people will be staying the whole weekend including myself so any day will be good why not try for two

GRP, are you staying Saturday night?

If the Jersey Shore and Sandy Hook still exist as of next weekend, you will need to register here.

Shane, I am staying Saturday night but have a room lined up to share with someone.

Going to be a lot of new soft structure , cuts -holes -maybe bars to check out! the current at the false hook is going to rip stuff up at that end. we will see!

wetflyguy wrote:
Going to be a lot of new soft structure , cuts -holes -maybe bars to check out! the current at the false hook is going to rip stuff up at that end. we will see!

Water is already up 7' at the hook :cool:

2.5 weeks out. Hope the conditions recover for you guys to have a good outing.

Things are not looking good for Seabright or the Fairbanks right now. Hopefully everyone stays safe and recovers quickly after the storm.

Current pic from Sea Bright...Stolen from SOL...

oh yeah...high tide is in 5 hrs. :-o

Awesome I just hope the hotel is up to speed when we get there

Is this still going to happen? The devastation to the coast is just incredible. Feel Linda weird going there to fish when there is probably not much left.

Back