2nd Annual Sandy Hook Jam 11-11-12 Be Ready

No I said you AREN'T that short! Sal is shorter haha! Take it up w/ Shame. He paints this picture of you that is most underwhelming.

What kind of reel would one need for saltwater, anyway?

Fredrick wrote:
ryguyfi wrote:
The_Sasquatch wrote:
I'll be closer to the big stockies ;-)

DUN, DUN, DUN.... ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST!

I didn't want him coming anyway he called me short

That's nothing. Becker said he likes to bust your little balls... errr, something like that.

All kidding aside... is there anyone who would like to attend BOTH the Salt and Steelhead JAMs?

ryguyfi wrote:
All kidding aside... is there anyone who would like to attend BOTH the Salt and Steelhead JAMs?

I don't see any reason we can't have both at the same time to be honest both are on two different sides of the state plus different strokes for different folks some people can't handle fishing the salt it requires them to cast farther than 30 feet

Hence my last question. I have no problem scheduling it the same weekend, but if there's a handful of guys who want to do both I'd schedule it the week before or after.

ryguyfi wrote:
Hence my last question. I have no problem scheduling it the same weekend, but if there's a handful of guys who want to do both I'd schedule it the week before or after.

It's up to you guys.
This is just my personal opinion (not as a moderator)....but I'd vote to keep 'em on separate dates if possible. They were on the same date last year and ultimately that turned out fine but I do recall at least some disappointment on the boards that they were the same date. This is one reason I offered an alternative salt jam.

Bump...i figure its the hottest day of the year, we need something to look forward too. Im not sure if i can make it this year but I'm going to try.

Fred,

I am in for the 11/11 jam.
Will be working on girl friend , well will be wife by then
She is casting ok with spinning gear ,the fly stuff is coming along.
We both should be there.
Fished the HookThursday 6pm till 5am Friday., today
blues around 11:30 pm one bass for the night
Later guy,

Great news . Was there any bait in the area ?

yup , looked to be spearing or silver sides in the wash ,there were fish working bait
100 yards off the beach (choke cherry beach) 3rd one just at dark

Its getting closer to that time everyone so starting getting all the gear you need to fish the hook . The current is swift and a intermediate line for the most part don't get you down far enough so use one of your 25 off coupons from Orvis and get a 350 grain depth charge line to get your fly down .

Also Jay is hosting a Saltwater Fly Swap so if you are lacking in some variety in your fly selection or just like tying join the swap .

Dang I'm going in NY for steelhead that weekend...

I'll probably make it out to NJ a couple times this fall...might have to the Hook this year as IBSP wasn't nice to me last year...

Just a heads up guys... there is a Federal Saltwater license and its $15 that you might need to get.

https://www.countmyfish.noaa.gov/register/

OrvisDowningtown wrote:
Just a heads up guys... there is a Federal Saltwater license and its $15 that you might need to get.

https://www.countmyfish.noaa.gov/register/

This is correct.
Last year - I believe - the deal was if you registered before the end of the year you would be covered for 2012. I did this. Unfortunately, when I went to Maine this summer, I could not find the card indicating I'd registered. So I had to go online and spend the $15 anyway. They still have not sent me a new card (as the website promised) so I'm holding onto the payment receipt.

Good reminder OD-town.

I just used the link to renew mine on-line. If you registered last year, all you need to do is type in your registration # and expiration date, but the message I got was renewals can only be made 30 days or less before it's expiration. Mine expires in November, so I have to wait.

I THINK you can go to NJDEp and register for their state specific program for free. It only covers NJ waters. The $15 Federal will let you fish in any state. I have just been doing the state version for each state i go too, as most are still free.

http://www.nj.gov/dep/saltwaterregistry/index.html

Good news the owner of Colton Fly Company is giving a special discount to members attending the Jam . Here is the website if your interested . http://coltonfly.com/ I own several rods and reels from Colton and the gear and costumer service is top notch.
Any questions send me a pm .

Same here ,I have both rods and reels .
Top quality gear!!!!

Sure, just when I convince myself I don't need more gear this season...thanks fred.

jay348 wrote:
Sure, just when I convince myself I don't need more gear this season...thanks fred.

This might help more Jay :lol:
Not sure if they are part of the discount but Bob said that he will be adding two new rods by the end of the month I tried to get the details about the rods but he is still hush hush about it .

Back