2014 PAFF Instructional Jamboree (Newbie Jam) Saturday 3/15/14

I will prolly be late tho...

Not sure what rod to bring..... so bringing 3
Not sure about wets or drys ........ so bringing a box of each
waders are a given.
vest or chest pack..... vest

anything else will find its way into a pocket or get clipped on somewhere....

Okay, Ed.

Just got off the phone with my friend, Pat. (Who is pretty pumped to be coming down again) Will pick him up in Lake Ariel at 5:30 and make our way down from there.

Truck is packed and Joy has informed she will not get up at 4:30 t0 make breakfast, so it's coffee on the road for me. :)

Looking forward to seeing everyone and, hopefully, helping some folks out a little.

djs12354 wrote:

Truck is packed and Joy has informed she will not get up at 4:30 t0 make breakfast, so it's coffee on the road for me. :)

She won't get up to make breakfast for you at 4:30 am???

This is husband abuse!!!

RCFetter wrote:
She won't get up to make breakfast for you at 4:30 am???

This is husband abuse!!!

Hardly. She buys him flyfishing gear!

I've met Joy, and I'd say Dave did very well when he landed that keeper.

Probably won't be able to make it till 830ish. Will be there ASAP though.

For those coming to the LL....size 16 caddis larva is the ticket :)

A HUGE Thank you to all of you for putting this on for us Newbies! It is always a humbling experience as a man to admit you have no idea what you are doing and ask for help, however you all were wonderfully patient and helpful! It was truly a delight to meet a group of people willing to accept newcomers into their ranks and share a bit of your hard-earned wisdom with us. I learned a pile of information today, and I'm sure I have forgotten more than I would like already. I look forward to having some success with a fly rod, and I'm sure I'll see some of you around the on the Little Lehigh :-D. Also, big thank you to Jhedge for telling me about this!

You hit the nail on the head what PAFF is all about. Welcome and enjoy.

It was a great event. I was only there for about 2 hours this morning but picked up some tips and I really appreciate all the guys who devoted their Saturday to helping others.

Had a great time, picked up some good info.
Stagger tied a fly and helped everybody learn that you work the tool and not have the tool work you....now I need to work on my whip finishing.

It was nice to see everyone today. I always enjoy meeting with people and learning from everyone.

The old dog learned a few new tricks today! Thanks to everyone for an enjoyable day. This is my first post and today was my first event. I fish the Tulpehocken, French Creek, and the Brodhead. I especially enjoy fishing Kettle Creek and Big Pine. Perhaps I can be of some help providing information about the Pine Creek area. I've been fly fishing since the early 70's and I still have much to learn. The PAFF forum has been an enjoyable read and I look forward reading about all of your experiences.

Today I learned that.....Becker is a snagger!

Glad I caught the tail end. Good to see a few familiar faces and hear Ed give a great lesson on nymphing.

Another great PAFF event. Big thanks to HA and the Dawg for making this happen and special thanks to all the gents who took the time and effort to man stations and take the newbies on H20 and/or practice casting. Personal thanks to VNuruse and Martin for being patient w/ me as they walked me thru some very decent tied frenchies ….. topped off with a whip finish with help from HA … got the email thanks.

All in all just a great day seeing all the gents and I truly hope all the newbies got/get out of it what I do each and every time we have an event. The vets and newbies from this joint are all top notch people and make days like this so much fun … fishing and beyond. Even S’David’Becker is ok in my book! :-D

All the new posters please be on the lookout for brush-up events, fish-n-chips, and any other event that u think will be helpful. Ask questions and just use this resource we are so lucky to have.

I had a blast today. There were a few things I regret about today 1) was not getting the names of some of the guys I spoke with although I probably would have forgotten them anyways cuz I'm horrible with names. 2) Arguing with Old Lefty about casting....what the hell was I thinking! :-o. I hope all those flies and gear I gave away get put to good use. I really enjoyed seeing the excitement and smile on some of these newbies faces and seeing some of the newbies from last year sharing their knowledge. Thanks Ed for all your hard work putting this Event together and thanks to all the guys behind the tables. Great Job everyone!

dubthethorax wrote:
Today I learned that.....Becker is a snagger!

Glad I caught the tail end. Good to see a few familiar faces and hear Ed give a great lesson on nymphing.

Lol I used an indicator you can't snag that way. Ask dirty pinners.

Incahoots - Welcome to the jungle.

As you have seen, this is a great bunch of people to be around.

I had a blast today watching DD give his lectures. May have to request his forum handle be changed to Professor Dog. (Dan, you were clearly in your element)

Great to see everyone again.

Did anyone estimate the attendees? Seemed like more than last year to me. I'll have to count the handouts I have left and see if that gives an idea.

Edit - Who is going to lie to Fox (I mean tell) him we missed him? :)

Lol.... It more of a miss understanding.....I think?

Back