2014 PAFF Instructional Jamboree (Newbie Jam) Saturday 3/15/14

Great job Ed and all. Looked like a lot of fun. Tom shared with me a quick update as well on Saturday. Glad to hear it was a success. Yes Sbecker is a snagger, just watch the Fly Fishing Chronicles show he was on.

It's not snagging if ya get them in the mouth! Lol

Heritage-Angler wrote:

*All this is to let Fox know we haven't forgotten about him. He'll have plenty of chances to do his part in the upcoming "brush up" days.

Please don't use the word "brush", I seem to be coming down with a case of hives for that word!

Hey Shane...when can I have my net back?

Aducker,
you gonna post ALL of the pics?

Nice, very cool.

Nice, thank you for posting

Yea, that is great. But he completely murdered the things I told him. Oh well. I still had a blast. Ed count me in for next year.

GC

GenCon wrote:
But he completely murdered the things I told him. Oh well. I still had a blast.GC
They do that a lot, years ago a reporter came to one of our clubs tying nights and completely miss quoted three of us. To read it you would think we didn't know what we were doing, even wrote it down while we were telling him. I guess that's what happens in translation to someone who doesn't know a whole lot about what they're writing about.

lv2nymph wrote:
GenCon wrote:
But he completely murdered the things I told him. Oh well. I still had a blast.GC
They do that a lot, years ago a reporter came to one of our clubs tying nights and completely miss quoted three of us. To read it you would think we didn't know what we were doing, even wrote it down while we were telling him. I guess that's what happens in translation to someone who doesn't know a whole lot about what they're writing about.

Yea, Jack I am sure they do. Oh well right? Really looking forward to May.

GC

To Gary's credit, at least he showed up and took part in the event. When I spoke with him, he was scribbling furiously on a tablet. No surprise he had a few misquotes.

He IS a pretty good fisherman, and a serious outdoorsman. I'm thankful for his efforts - of course this means we're gonna be MOBBED next year!

Hey H.A. it is fine no big deal. I agree the coverage is important. How about for next year I make up some type of flyer. I have an Orvis shop 5-mins from my house and several other types of sporting good stores in my area. I am sure I could post one here and there. Maybe a couple of other guys could do so as well. What do you think?

GC

I actually have a flyer made up - had one since the first newbie jam. I just change the dates and details to use it for the next year. :-D

I have to send it to the Wildlands Conservancy every year, so they can post it, and also use it to obtain permission from their board for us to have the event.

Remind me next year, and I'll send it to you. It's a Word document, but can be sent in pdf format as well.

Cool write up.

I'm even more impressed with SBecker now. I knew he caught 2. But, I mean, who else coulda pulled out a wild BROOK trout from the LLH? hehe.

Lol, I didn't even catch a stocked brookie.

After reading the article all I can say is "Ed, thou doest build me up toooooooo much..."

You're a handsome man, who can stop themselves from falling in love with you?

Not I, for one. Not. I.

Two words: hackle stacker green weenie.

'Nuff said.

[
quote]
pcray1231 wrote:
Cool write up.

I'm even more impressed with SBecker now. I knew he caught 2. But, I mean, who else coulda pulled out a wild BROOK trout from the LLH? hehe. [/quote]

What do you think I caught them on?

Back