2010 Summer Terrestrial Fly Swap

Hope your doin' ok, osprey!

Osprey, hope your medical issue is not too serious. If we can help just shout out!

Hey,

Sorry about everyone backing out. I hope everyone who has backed out is okay. I know it's super late, but I'd like to contribute if at all possible. I just signed up and just saw this. I can have flies tied, and in the mail by the end of the week.

Let me know if this softens the blow at all.

osprey,

There are more important things in life than a fly swap!! don't sweat it, I have been other swaps where you have taken part in and hope to be in more in the future. Take care of what is important and good luck.

To those who are upset about "no shows",
It happens all the time. I've have taken part of many swaps on this board and others and a few no shows is the norm. Heck, I was in one where everyone sent their flies in only to have the guy keep them all, so none of us got any flies back! So, its a risk anyway you look at it.

wsender,

Welcome aboard and that would be up to bjshaffer, he may have sent them out already. If he didn't, I'll wait another week or so, its too hot fish for trout @ the moment anyway. But if he did send them out, be patience, there will be another swap here shortly. There's almost always one going on.

JH

flyfishermanj wrote:
osprey,

Heck, I was in one where everyone sent their flies in only to have the guy keep them all, so none of us got any flies back! So, its a risk anyway you look at it.

JH

Wow! that's brutal!!! Hope he didn't show up at the jam!!!

I would hope that the person who kept the flies would have been banned for life from this board if that were the case!

It is a bit warm to fish for trout, if we have to sit tight for another week, it's no big deal. But we are a month overdue from when the original cut-off date was to have taken place.

Tight lines to all who are out fishing!

No, it wasn't on this board, the guy hailed from Alaska and said he got caught in a move gone bad and was homeless for a while and lost the flies somewhere! O well!

JH

Thank you all for the concern but i'll be ok , what happens is i don't know when to quit , i push myself to the limit of my limited abilities and then i pay for it later , this time it was on Bob's creek and i got a blister from rubbing , if you can imagine a blister on the bottom of your foot you can relate , a trip to the wound clinic , some scolding by the doc and then it's slowly back to normal , where i know i'll do it again , thanks again for the concern , it means alot from you folks. MIKE p.s. i'll get in on other swaps but i'm sorry i missed this one i love fishing terrestrials and tying them.

Just Checking to see if the flies were shipped. Could have used them for a company picnic tomorrow.

Hope all is well with everyone!

Has anyone received flies yet?

Nope. And it is getting frustrating. Hope nothing serious has happened.

Has anyone tried sending an email? I will try tomorrow as I have a thread to him in my work email. He travels a lot but sorting through the flies and packing (hopefully ready to go boxes) should not have taken more than an hour.

Let's hope nothing is wrong.

gene_cyprych wrote:
Has anyone tried sending an email?

Let's hope nothing is wrong.

I PM'ed him a few days ago and as of today,did not get a reply.

I hope that nothing is wrong either, but with the technology that is available today it should be easy to stay in touch. Unless he is in the hospital.

Could be my last swap.

No activity from bjshaffr in almost a month....

I sent bjshaffr an email the other night but have not heard back. He seemed to be really into the swap and was dissapointed when folks dropped out, so I don't think we should be anything but concerned for him.

Anyone have any idea what happened...I don't fish as much as I would like but this sure feels like cricket and hopper season...

Boss

I checked the obits out for Grove City - he didn't die.

Maybe he is out field testing all of the flies to make sure they cast properly before mailing them out. LOL!

Seriously, this is serious. I would not want to think that someone did this just to fill a fly box.

No, I am sure that isn't the case...he was really, really into it...I think life gets in the way sometime and you think...I will get to it...I will get to it...and all of the sudden a week has gone by...or more...

Besides...if you saw the flies I tied...not sure you would want them in your fly box anyway...

They will make it to us soon...

Jerry

Ok it has now been a month since any of us have heard from our co-ordinator. Where do we go from here? I was looking forward to getting in some terrestrial fishing. Would all who submitted consider listing the pattern recipe for me to tie up some of my own.

Back