2010 Summer Terrestrial Fly Swap

Does anybody have the address where we sent our flies? Maybe you could send him a letter and someone will reply to it. Then we will have an answer to our questions.

im kinda glad i dropped out..... sorry guys

Address & E-mail info removed

(Afishinado)

Well, we may eventually find out what happened but I'm going to write this one off as a loss. This is about my 8th swap across a couple of boards and the first time anything like this has happened. I hope it doesn't turn anyone off to swaps because they usually are a lot of fun and a great way to learn new patterns.
It might be too early to ask, but is anyone interested in a rematch? It would be nice to be able to salvage something here...
Mike.

That is funny. Shouldn't be publishing someone mailing address though.

I removed the address & E-mail from Gentleshepard's post. Contact him via PM for that info.

I'm really sorry about how the swap turned out. Hopefully bjshaffr will turn up and send all the flies out. The surprising thing is that you all have his real address & EM. If it were scam, you would think he would have a PO box or something. Anyway, good luck.

I would be game to try again if we can get someone to run it.

I was thinking about doing a Steelhead swap if there is any interest. I'll post something about it on Monday I think.

Sorry for the holdup guys...I am not dead yet. I have had some personal and family issues going on and kind of put everything else on the backburner. I feel really bad about the holdup and will get everyone's flies sent out right away. Again my apologies.

Amen! We all were concerned and perplexed to have you disappear for over a month! Hope all is well?

i could be up for a steelhead swap........

Glad to see you are back bjshaffr! Hope things are okay.
Mike.

Glad your back. Hope everything is OK.

Did they ship yet? Itching to get out.

And another week goes by.

Does anyone know Brian? Was he at the Jam at Hemlock Acres this year? Does anyone live near him? How long has he been posting? Just curious.

It has now been almost an additional month since he said he was shipping the flies. I am at a total loss why someone would want to do the swap, then not send the flies out without any real explanation, then give an explanation alomost 2 months after the swap ended stating he was going to send them and then have another month go by without any response.

Next swap I will probably have to ask fo a resume of the moderator of the swap, this has lefta sour taste in my mouth.

It's called "being had". That's why I asked if anyone knows Brian. Or, was he at the jam? I assume he is very young, not a true fisherman and doesn't plan on posting anymore.
There's almost no reason that an adult would offer to take the responsibility to coordinate a swap then not even take 2 minutes to provide an update when he doesn't ("can't deliver"). Actually. I can think of no reason.

If I lived closer I would stop at his home and ask what's up. But it's about 3 1/2 hours from home, maybe I could take the wife shopping out at the Grove City outlets and then pay him a visit.

Back