3.Fredrick-Zebra Brassie
4.NickR
5.Ebrant10 - size 22 dun midge
6.hbgswanson-TBD
7.h0ll0whill-TBD
8.Eunan Hendron
9.Becker
10.GRP

We're full, ladies and gentlemen. (I say ladies because it's how becker likes to be addressed)

PMs with address coming.

Mike,

Keep me in mind if you have a drop out, I'll be a alternate for the swap.

JH

Will do. Thanks.

How will you notify us of the address we should send these to? PM or email? Hope I am not jumping the gun here, just eager to get started and get them in the mail.

everyone should have a PM with mailing address. Don't forget return postage!

Decided on a sz 20 dorseys blood midge

Ok I'm messing around w/ ideas. If this already has a name, let me know...but I think I'm set on this flashback-buzzer-style pattern.

Gotta work on the glue job, but I like how it looks so far.

8266270742_2d29769ee1_z.jpg

Only fly I know that looks similar is Ian's brass a$$$

http://about-flyfishing.com/library/graphics/brass-***.jpg

Ahhh...missed out on this one. Looking forward to seeing pictures. Winter tying of midges, IMO, gets boring and vanilla. I only have three patterns that I have confidence in, so thats usually what I tie.

Flies are finished. Mailing out tomorrow.

Recipe:
Hook: Dai Riki 135 Size 20
Body: Red Thread 8/0
Rib: Small Silver UTC Wire
Collar: 1-2 Strands Peacock Hurl
Head: Glass Bead
Wing: 2-3 strands Pearl Crystal Flash

sweet flies guys !

Just read the original rules. Somehow I missed two of the same pattern. I tied twenty two different patterns. Hope I don't get flogged.

Whatever. Just send in what you have and I'll make the best if it. Or tie 22 more and ill keep the first set ;)

btw Becker...I have a week of work. Lets fish. Ill text you. Maybe Mud Run and/or the Po?

I hate tying midges. Probably because I have a really hard time putting glass midge beads on a size 22 scud hook. I really do not feel like tying more. Haha

Shoot me a text when you want to get together. I will be in your area on Friday for work, other then that I am free for awhile.

may Sunday this weekend or Monday?

P.S. Youghness - Flies received and look great.

Hallowhill - I know yours are done. I just have to meet up with you to pick them up.

Mine are done as well.

Havent received anyone elses yet.
Get tying ;)

mine are in process, will be done today and out either today or tomorrow

the taste of things to come
Pumpkin%2520Head%2520Midges.JPG

Dub - i have them in my truck in case i run into you like last time. If not then i can drop them off sometime.

text me when you're done work tomorrow. I'll be fishing. If you cant make it up I can swing by Qtown on my way home tomorrow.

Becker, wanna fish the Allentown area tomorrow afternoon?

Have to be in Reading around 1030. Depending on the time you want to meet, I might be able to meet up. Not sure though.

Back